Farm & Food Lamay
In this activity we will have the opportunity to meet a local community and learn about their culture and farming techniques, as well as try some of their daily meals.
After visiting the farms, we will meet with local women from Lamay who will share with Us their life stories and knowledge about their culinary experience.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private transportation
- Snacks - Local snack to taste in the community farm
- Lunch - Local lunch after the cooking lessons
- Guided experience and interaction with the community
What's excluded :
- This is a special day to learn about Cusco and the Sacred Valley gastronomy,
discovering the amazing variety of local agricultural resources and biodiversity, to
later put into practice the cooking lessons at La Base Lamay.
We will leave Lamay towards the community of Huayllafara, where the locals will take Us to
visit their farms with traditional crops (like potatoes, tarwi, quinuas, beans
among others) and will teach us about their traditional farming techniques, while we
taste some of their local produce.
We will learn about the local culture and their daily activities, according to the time of
year and the agricultural calendar. The tour and interpretation will be focused in the
agricultural and food processing techniques, as the preparation of chuño and
moraya, washing and uses of the quinua, elaboration of Chicha de Jora and other
interesting Andean activities. Then we will drive to La Base Lamay, where a local woman will share with her story and teach Us how to cook some of the classic recipes using local and native products in the cooking process. We will have a nutritious lunch and then return to your hotel or to your next destination.
• Huatia de Papas nativas - Native potatoes cooked in a mud oven made only for the occasion
• Lahua de Maiz - Corn soup
• Trout & haucha - Fried local trout and green leaves stew
• Uchucuta - Chilli sauce with rocoto and local herbs
• Calabaza dulce al horno - Baked sweet squash filled with whole sugar, cinnamon and clove
Departure Point :CU-597/Mainique 131, Lamay 08116, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.