Family Friendly Ostia Antica Ruins Visit with Local Guide Maria Rita!
Discovering the archaeological ruins of Ostia Antica is fun for the whole family! On this 3-hour small group tour you'll go back in time to the days of the Roman Empire and learn how this ancient port was once of great importance to Rome!
Meet your kid-friendly guide at the Ostia Antica ticket office, avoid the queues and enter with skip-the-line admission. Did you know, after the fall of the Roman Empire, the town was abandoned and buried for nearly 1,000 years? The incredible ruins you see today were rediscovered in the 19th century. As you walk down the ancient pathways, your guide will share stories about the remains you can see, how the early Romans lived and what they ate. Some of the highlights are: the amphitheater, fountains, the Square of the Guilds, the main square, public baths, the Forum, private homes and more.
Kids will be fascinated by the history told in a fun and educational way, that will leave them curious to know more. It's a fantastic day trip from Rome!
per adult from
What's included :
- Skip-the-line Entry Tickets
- Entry/Admission - Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Parco Archeologico di Ostia Antica, Viale Dei Romagnoli 717, 00119 Ostia Antica Italy
Ostia Antica is an archeological site, which was once the harbour city of ancient Rome, located 30kms from the Eternal City, on the River Tiber. The town was abandoned and buried for over ten centuries until it was rediscovered and today you can see the remains of most of the city’s buildings before it was abandoned.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :00119 Ostia Antica RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.