Family City Tour "Like a Local" in Cusco
This is a private Walking city tour, especially designed for families. You will visit the artists neighborhood of San Blas, taste strange foods at the San Pedro market and visit the impressive Inca ruins of Sacsayhuaman. Kids will learn how to make ice cream in one of Cusco’s typical ice cream shops and together with a local artist they will decorate their own little Pukara ‘bull’ and understand the meaning of them.
• Visit San Blas
• Visit the local market of San Pedro
• Learn to make ice cream
• Paint your own Torrito de Pukara
• Visit the ruins of sacsayhuaman
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Private tour
- Professional Bi-lingual guide
- Food tasting at the market
- Ice cream making (and eating!
- Visit to Sacsayhuaman ruins and local transport to get there
- Art supplies and a little bull to paint, guided by an artist
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to the ruins of Sacsayhuaman are not included
- Entry/Admission - Sacsayhuaman
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mercado Central de San Pedro, Tupac Amaru, Cusco 08003 Peru
Walk around the Imperial City of the Incas, starting at the local market of San Pedro in Cusco, where you will experience a bit of Peruvian Culture and daily Cusqueño life. This is a big market with different sections and where you can buy literally everything! The kids will have a great time learning about new fruits, grains, and vegetables and soaking up local life. Don't miss drinking a smoothie made of the fruits you don't know!
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: Cusco, Cusco, Cusco Region
From here it is a short walk to Cucharitas, a local ice cream shop with a very special way of making ice cream, here the kids will be able to make their own Ice cream.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Sacsayhuaman, Cusco 08000 Peru
After this nice experience, you will take a taxi to the entrance of Sacsayhuaman fortress, before you go in however you will meet with a local artisan and specialist in decorating the 'Torito de Pukara'. Originally made in the area of Pucará, about 100 kilometers north of Puno, these small ceramic bulls are still made to this day and placed on the roofs of the houses for protection.
When everyone is done painting your little bulls, you will enter the impressive fort of Saysayhuaman. Your guide will tell you everything about the fortress and last battle between the Inca's and Spaniards that took place here. Behind the fortress there are also naturally carved stone slides that kids will enjoy. The tour ends here and you will walk down from here back to the main square of Cusco.
Duration: 2 minutes
Departure Point :Cusco Cathedral, Cusco 08002, Peru
Traveler pickup is offered
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Duration: 4 hour walking tour
- Rates don’t apply on the following dates: January 1st, May 1st, June 24th, July 28th, December 25th
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.