Extra Virgin Olive Oil Tasting in Mgarr
Set in Binġemma, one of the most beautiful rural areas of Malta, this tour offers a unique opportunity to explore local products with a special focus on extra virgin olive oil. The experience starts at a historic location, followed by a visit at an exclusive estate olive grove. Extra virgin olive oil from the same small grove is tasted together with other local delicacies. The guests will also be able to tour around the grove which is situated in a secluded rural area and hosts a number of endemic and indigenous plants.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local delicacies tasting and refreshments including:
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil from the same grove
- Light lunch and free-flowing wine
- Traditional Maltese coffee blend with herbs
- Other local and seasonal products
- Walk through a unique herb garden which features a large number of endemic and indigenous plants of Malta.
- Tour around the grove which overlooks one of the most beautiful views in the Maltese islands.
- Eco guide/host
What's excluded :
- Pick-up and drop-off from accommodation is optional
- The tour starts next to the Chapel dedicated to Our Lady of Hodegitria, also known as the Binġemma Chapel. This ia a 330-year-old chapel which overlooks a lush valley, historic punic tombs and a bird's-eye view on the northern part of the islands. Once we’re in this vantage point, our eco guide will highlight the intrinsic historical and natural attractions of the area.
We would then proceed on foot towards the grove. This is an enjoyable 5-minute walk but sturdy footwear is recommended. You will be impressed with the beauty of the grove. This is more than just a patch of olive trees, it is an open air museum of aromatic herbs and trees overlooking stunning views. Information about the cultivation and pressing of olives will be shared.
The highlight of the visit is of course the tasting session! You will be able to savour the exclusive estate extra virgin olive oil produced from the same trees with crispy fresh Maltese bread. The session will be followed by a selection of local snacks to be savoured with different wines.
Extra virgin olive oil and other local delicacies may be bought from the same venue at the end of the experience.
Transport to and from any location in Malta may be booked as an additional service. Location is best accessible by car/taxi.
Departure Point :Valletta, Valletta, Island of Malta
Departure Time :2:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Dress code is casual. Sturdy footwear is highly recommended.
- A waiver form which includes details about health & safety recommendations and procedures need to be filled in by all participants
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.