Explore Whakapapa Village
A chance to hike smaller tracks inside the Dual Heritage Tongariro National Park. Perfect for travelers not wanting to hike the Mighty Tongariro Alpine Crossing
per adult from
1 to 6 hours
What's included :
- National Park fees
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks
- Our shuttle departs from National Park Village located in the foothills of the Dual Heritage Tongariro National Park.
The Tongariro National Park is classed as one of the oldest National Parks in the world.
You day is -choose your own trail from Whakapapa Village. There is a vast variety of tracks to choose from 10 mins to 6 hours, -Loop hikes, Push a pram hike, Family hikes, Active hiker trails.
These hikes allow to smell the forest, pass through alpine flora & fauna, glaze into glacial streams and waterfalls,step over ancient lava flows, have a 360 degree view of all 3 active volcanoes.
in the Village you can visit the Information Center, Step back in time and visit the Grand Chateau have a bite to eat.
What you need to take:
Lunch & snacks
Suitable clothing to the weather conditions
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Returning at 12.30 or 2.30 or 4.30pm from Whakapapa I sitePlease stand beside our Sign " Pick up Point: Tongariro Crossing Shuttles" Park you car on the road or inside the Ski Biz Car parking area
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 100 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.