Explore Vadodara And Champaner From Ahmedabad With Lunch
On this day-excursion from Ahmedabad, visit Vadodara, the cultural capital of the West Indian state of Gujarat. Situated on the banks of the River Vishwamitri, the city was the capital of the princely state of Baroda. Visit the palaces of Vadodara and discover the cultural heritage and royal roots of this prosperous city. Also visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Champaner-Pavagadh that houses an Archaeological Park dating back to the 15th century.
• Laxmi Vilas Palace
• Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum
• Baroda Museum & Picture Gallery
• Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park
per adult from
11 to 12 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottle of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Lukshmi Vilas Palace
- Entry/Admission - Baroda Museum And Picture Gallery
- Entry/Admission - Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lukshmi Vilas Palace, Jawaharlal Nehru Marg, Vadodara 390001 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Ahmedabad for the 2-hour drive to the city of Vadodara that is located 70 miles away.
Upon reaching Vadodara, you will first visit the grand Laxmi Vilas Palace. The palace was built by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III in 1890 at a cost of 180,000 Pounds Sterling. It is the largest private dwelling built to date and is about four times the size of Buckingham Palace. A part of the palace has been converted into a museum that has the private collection of the Maharaja on display. The collection includes paintings by British painters like Turner and Constable as well as masterpieces by Indian painters like Raja Ravi Varma. The museum also has a rich collection of marble and bronze sculptures as well as an Oriental Gallery that contains Japanese and Chinese sculptures collected by the Maharaja during his travels.
After the tour of the palace and the museum, stop for lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Baroda Museum And Picture Gallery, Sayajibaug, Vadodara India
After lunch visit the Baroda Museum and Picture Gallery. Founded by Maharaja Sayajirao Gaekwad III, the museum was opened to the public in 1894. Built along the lines of the Victoria & Albert Museum in London, the museum has a rich collection of original paintings by European masters as well as a stunning collection of sculptures, Indian miniature paintings and a full section on Tibetan Art. An Egyptian mummy and the skeleton of a blue whale are among the major attractions of the museum.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park, Pavagadh India
After a tour of the museum, drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Champaner-Pavagadh Archaeological Park. Situated at a distance of 30 miles from Vadodara, the park has several monuments that mark the transition from Hindu to Muslim culture and architecture in the 15th and 16th century. Spend the rest of the afternoon exploring the various forts, palaces, mosques, tombs, temples and stepwells, which date from the 8th to the 14th century.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Ahmedabad and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad District, Gujarat
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Ahmedabad Airport, Ahmedabad India
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Maharaja Fateh Singh Museum is closed on Mondays, National Holidays and Diwali. Vadodara Museum and Picture Gallery is closed on National Holidays and Diwali.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.