Explore The Spiritual Side Of Rishikesh With Lunch
Visit Mindrolling Monastery situated 30 miles away from Rishikesh. This monastery is one of the six that belongs to the 17th century Nyingma school of Buddhism with its roots in Tibet. Spend a morning in quiet contemplation at the monastery before heading back to Rishikesh, in time for the spectacular Ganga Aarti (prayers to the River Ganges) that takes place everyday after dusk.
• Mindrolling monastery
• Stupa at the monastery
• Ganga Aarti, evening prayers on the banks of the River Ganges
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- English speaking local guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Mindrolling Monastery
What's excluded :
- Food and Beverage, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mindrolling Monastery, Clement Town Area India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to Mindrolling Monastery near the town of Dehradun. The drive to the monastery that is 30 miles away takes about an hour and a half.
Situated in the foothills of the Himalayas, this monastery has a large Institute that is engaged in training monks. It is one of the largest Buddhist Centers of India. Visit the Stupa and its many shrines. Watch the young monks attend their classes. Also spend some time in silent meditation.
After visiting the monastery, take lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
Drive back to Rishikesh after lunch. Once back in Rishikesh go over to the banks of the River Ganges and watch the saffron robed monks and devotees at prayer. . As the night descends crowds gather along the banks of the river to get a glimpse of the spectacular Ganga Aarti.
After this memorable prayer ceremony, you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Rishikesh, Rishikesh, Dehradun District, Uttarakhand
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Subject to favorable weather conditions.
- Avoid the monsoon season from Jul - Sep.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.