Explore the Secrets of Wars
Take a journey through time to the legendary battles in Ancient Greece and through two world wars, exploring Greek military history. Discover what life was really like during conflicts on this enlightening war secrets tour.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
What's excluded :
- Entrance fees to museum
- Entrance fees to battleship
- Entry/Admission - War Museum
- Entry/Admission - Floating Naval Museum Battleship Averof
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: War Museum, Vasilisis Sofias Avenue & Rizari 2 The entrance is located at Rizari 2., Athens 106 75 Greece
First you will be driven and escorted to the Athens War Museum of the Greek Armed forces, which was founded in 1964. The museum’s exhibition area is distributed over 4 levels and has images of Greek history from antiquity to present.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Floating Naval Museum Battleship Averof, Hellenic Maritime Heritage Park, Paleo Faliro 17510 Greece
After visiting the Athens War Museum, you will be driven to the “G. Averof ” battle ship Museum. The Battleship Averof, the most significant Greek naval vessel, played a crucial part in the history of the Hellenic Navy during the Balkan War (1912-1913). It was commissioned in 1911 and remained in active service for over a period of 44 years. Today, the ship stands as a monument to Greece’s navy and modern history. The battle ship serves its educational purposes by hosting day visiting from school, institutions, organization and private individuals.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Palaio Faliro Cemetery, 161, Achilleos 139, Paleo Faliro 171 23, Greece
The last stop will be at the Phaleron War Cemetery. The ATHENS MEMORIAL stands within Phaleron War Cemetery and commemorates nearly 3,000 members of the allied forces of the Commonwealth who lost their lives during the campaigns in Greece and Crete in 1941 and 1944-1945.
Duration: 30 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel Lobby or nearby appointed location - Extra charges apply for coastline hotels pick up.
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Please notice that extra charges may apply per person or in total of the group for pick-ups from hotels- villas- airbnb outside the proximity of our tour selected pick route. In that case we can provide round trip transfer for customer(s) convenience ad-hoc quoted as per location of customer(s)' property.
- Most travelers can participate
- Dates that the tour does not operate are : National Public Holidays 1 Jan Sun New Year's Day -6 Jan Fri Epiphany -27 Feb Mon Orthodox Ash Monday-25 Mar Sat Independence Day-14 Apr Fri Orthodox Good Friday-16 Apr Sun Orthodox Easter Sunday-17 Apr Mon Orthodox Easter Monday-1 May Mon Labour Day-4 Jun Sun Orthodox Pentecost-5 Jun Mon Orthodox Whit Monday-15 Aug Tue Assumption Day-28 Oct Sat Ochi Day-25 Dec Mon Christmas Day-26 Dec Tue 2nd Day of Christmas
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.