Explore the hidden paradise,Santa Cruz Classic Trek (4 days)
Without doubt it is one of the most popular trekking routes in the Cordillera Blanca, Peruvian Andes; making this circuit you will have an unforgettable experience, because you will see almost all the most important Peruvian peaks in few days, many lakes and rivers; feel near to the mountains when you have crossed Punta Union pass 4750m, see the Andean vegetation and its fauna in special the birds. The trek can be undertaken in either direction - clockwise or anti-clockwise. We recommend starting at Cashapampa.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport Huaraz to Cashapampa, and return from Vaqueria in a private vehicle
- Professional certified guide - AGPM - IFMGA
- Professional outdoor cook
- Donkeys or llamas and porters where applicable
- Full camping and kitchen equipment. Complete food
- kitchen tent, mess tent, two-people tents, tables, chairs, and bathroom tent
- First aid kit stocked for wilderness expedition
- Information and specific recommendations before the trekking
- Permanent assistance of the agency throughout the duration of your stay
- Coffee and/or Tea
What's excluded :
- International flights and applicable airport taxes
- Accommodation and meals in Lima & Huaraz
- Line Bus transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Acclimatization program preceding this trek
- Personal clothing and equipment (such good shoes, a small back pack, clothes, sleeping bag and pad, etc.
- Incidental personal expenditures, including emergency evacuations and medical expenditures
- Insurance: personal travel, high mountain and/or medical insurance
Day 1: Huaraz – Cashapampa – Llamacorral.- At indicated time pick up in the hotel and transfer in bus to Cashapampa 2900m/ 9 514 ft, it takes around 3.5 hours; Cashapampa village is the starting point, place where the Horseman and his pack animals wait for us. Then we start the trekking among typical Andean trees and we walk through Santa Cruz valley to get to Llamacorral campsite 3760m / 12 335 ft, we get there after to have walked 4 hours.
Day 2: Llamacorral – Taullipampa.- At indicated time after the breakfast we start the trekking, this time similar to the previous day we will continue through Santa Cruz valley visiting on the way lakes such as Ichiq cocha and Hatun cocha, (For English: small and big lakes respectively); we while walk we have nice views of snow covered peaks and the Andean flora; we get to Taullipampa 4200 m / 13 780 ft, after to walk 5 hours approximately, place where we will set up the camp.
Day 3: Taullipampa – Punta Union pass – Huaripampa valley.- In the same way as the previous days at indicated time after to have breakfast we start walking, but this time we will go up to Punta Union 4750m / 15584 ft, the highest point of the circuit, point where we get after to walk 3 hours approximately; from this point we can see the mounts such as: Taulliraju, Rinrihirka, Paria, Etc. After to take a small rest and take photos we go down to Huaripampa valley 3900m / 12 795 ft, where we will camp, we get there after of 3 hours approximately.
Day 4: Huaripampa – Vaqueria – Huaraz.- At indicated time after to have breakfast we start walking our last trekking day, this time we go to Vaquería a small village where we get after to walk 4 hours approximately, in this place the vehicle will wait for us to take us to Huaraz city; on the way we will stop in Portachuelo pass 4760m / 15 617 ft, from this pass we can see many mounts like: Chacraraju, Pisco, Chopicalqui and the Peruvian Andes highest peak Huascaran 6768m / 22204 ft, we also will visit Llanganuco lakes, Orqon cocha and Chinan cocha (For English: male and female lakes respectively), in the afternoon we arrive in Huaraz.
Departure Point :We will pick up your hotel with our private vehicle, previously agreed with you.
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Vegetarian option is available, please advise at time of booking if required
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements at time of booking
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- A minimum of 6 people per booking is required
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.