Explore the Colosseum with an Archaeologist
This tour gives you the opportunity to see the most celebrated monument in Rome, the Colosseum.
Get the chance to have a real archaeologist guiding you at the discover of the largest amphitheater in the world ever built by the Roman.
The guide will share with you stories and anecdotes you’ll never find in any book.
Walking through the Roman Forum, the heart of the Roman political life, the guide will show you the main testimonies still preserved.
The Archaeologist guide will lead you until the Palatine hill, one of the celebrated seven hills of Rome and also one of the oldest areas of the city.
per adult from
What's included :
- Private Tour
- Archaeologist Guide
- Skip-the-line Colosseum ticket
- Entry/Admission - Colosseum
- Entry/Admission - Roman Forum
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Colosseum, Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Rome Italy
Meet your guide at the Colosseum. Go to the second ring where you can admire a panoramic view of the insides of the monuments, overlooking the square below, with a birds eye view of the large base and of the remains of the colonnade and the walls of the largest roman temple dedicated to Venus and Rome.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Arch of Constantine, Via di San Gregorio, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
get a closer look at the arch of Constantine, going towards the Velian Hill
Stop At: Roman Forum, Largo della Salara Vecchia 5/6, 00186 Rome Italy
Then proceed to the Roman Forum, the old centre of public life, with the Basilica of Maxentius, the House of Vestals, the Temple of Antoninus and Faustina and the Altar of Caesar
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Arco di Tito, Via Sacra 1 Foro Romano, 00186 Rome Italy
through the Arch of Titus constructed by Emperor Domitian to commemorate the Titus's military victories such as the Siege of Jerusalem
Pass By: Tempio di Saturno, Via del Campidoglio 1 Foro Romano, 00186 Rome Italy
The Temple of Saturn was one of the more significant buildings located in the Roman Forum.
Pass By: Basilica Julia, Foro Romano, 00186 Roma RM, Italy
Pass By: Arco di Settimio Severo, 00186 Rome Italy
The Arch of Settimio Severo
Pass By: Il Tempio dei Dioscuri, 00186 Rome, Metropolitan City of Rome, Italy
The Temple of Dioscuri
Pass By: Palazzo di Settimio Severo, Rome Italy
The temple of Settimio Severo
Pass By: Piazza del Campidoglio, Rome Italy
An introduction to the Campidoglio
Pass By: Domus Tiberiana, Via della Salara Vecchia, 5, Rome Italy
The Domus Tiberiana
Departure Point :Piazza del Colosseo, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Piazza Venezia, Roma RM, Italy
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Colosseum is closed in 25th December and 1st January
- The activity level is minimal
- Wear comfortable shoes and dress lightly in Summer
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.