Explore Smolensk on a Private Day tour (from Moscow)
Do you want to experience real Russia?
You will arrive to Smolensk around 12 pm, after a nice morning train ride with simple breakfast served on-board. You will have plenty of time to explore Smolensk, its unique small streets, temples and just to enjoy a unique vibe of a truly Russian town (you can't catch that feeling anywhere closer to Moscow).
You will witness amazing pieces of architecture, including the Assumption cathedral of the 17th century, built in Baroque style. One of the most important for Russian people icons, Holy Mary of Smolensk, is kept here. After a cathedral visit, it's time to taste traditional Russian cuisine at a cosy cafe.
Smolensk is one of the top five oldest towns in Russia, which possesses a unique but complex history. For centuries Smolensk was Russian West-bound outpost and witnessed armies of Polish, French and Nazi invaders, coming into Russian lands (never was a success). The town was burnt to ashes many times but it always reborn as a Fenix.
per adult from
17 hours 30 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transfer to and from train station
- Transportation by fast train to Smolensk and back to Moscow
- Transportation in Smolensk by car
- Museum entrance fees
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cathedral of the Assumption (Uspensky Sobor), Sobornaya Gora St, 5, Smolensk 214000 Russia
A 300-years old cathedral in Baroque style. It's famous for amazing interiors, which combine features of both traditional Russian style and European Baroque style.
Here you will learn all the secrets of the famous icon of Holy Mary of Smolensk.
Duration: 45 minutes
Stop At: Smolensk Fortress, Studencheskaya ul., d. 4, Smolensk 214000 Russia
The Czar of Russia Boris Godunov called Smolensk Wall “the necklace of all Russia”. Built in the 16th century, its original length was more than six kilometres, and the total number of towers was 38. Only 17 survived.
We will walk along the perimeter of the fortress and talk about the events in the past life of Smolensk and its modern history as well.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Voikova St., Smolensk Russia
A leisurely walk along the oldest city streets will allow you to itness cobbled streets of Smolensk, take pictures of the Assumption Cathedral from the best angles and most importantly, this walk will allow you to see the local sreal-life on the hills of Smolensk.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Should your hotel not be listed, You have to provide us with your hotel location so that we can arrange your pick up.Otherwise, we can not guarantee your timely pickupPickup from your hotel at 6:15 am
Departure Time :6:15 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 2 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.