Explore Shantiniketan From Kolkata
On this day-excursion from Kolkata, visit the hometown of the Nobel Laureate Rabindranath Tagore. Located about 100 miles northwest of Kolkata, Shantiniketan embodies Rabindranath Tagore’s vision of a place of learning that is unfettered by religious and regional barriers. Visit the Vishva Bharati University and Tagore's home.
• Vishva Bharati University campus
• Tagore’s home and museum
• Prayer Hall
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shantiniketan, Shantiniketan, Birbhum District, West Bengal
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the 3-hour drive to Shantiniketan.
Founded in 1863 with the aim of helping education go beyond the confines of the classroom, Shantiniketan grew into the Vishva Bharati University in 1921, attracting some of the most creative minds in the country. Famous alumni of this University include Indira Gandhi, the former Prime Minister of India and the Nobel Laureate Amartya Sen. Once in Shantiniketan, visit the Vishva Bharati University campus. The University is famous for its arts and music departments.
Next, take lunch (own expense) at one of the quaint restaurants.
After lunch, walk over to the house. The five houses that were owned by the family are located close by
Also spend some time walking through the streets of Shantiniketan. There are several shops selling handicrafts, leather bags, jewellery and other items made by local craftsmen.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Kolkata and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 6 hours
Departure Point :Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata (Calcutta), Kolkata District, West Bengal
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Netaji Subhas Chandra Airport, Kolkata (Calcutta) India
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.