Explore Red Fort With Entrance & Private Guide
Visit the Red Fort in Delhi, the residence of the Mughal Emperors for 200 years. This fortress-palace is often considered to be the best example of Mughal architecture. Built by the Emperor Shahjahan in 1648 it gets its name from the red sandstone that has been used to build it. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the Fort is famous for its exquisite halls and palaces that reflect a fusion of Persian and Timurid styles of architecture.
• Persian and Timurid styles of architecture
• Halls of Public and Private Audience
• Palaces of the Fort
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Red Fort
What's excluded :
- Charges for camera usage in historic sites
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Red Fort, Netaji Subhash Marg, New Delhi 110002 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to Old Delhi where the Fort is located.
Enjoy breakfast (own expense) at a local restaurant before you start your tour of the Fort. Enter the Fort through the Lahori Gate, which is the main entrance gate. A covered market, the Meena Bazaar leads to this gate.
Start with the Halls of Public and Private Audience, the Diwan-i-Am and Diwan-i-Khas. The walls of these halls were once covered with floral motifs and precious stones. The famous Kohinoor diamond, that is now a part of the British Crown jewels was also housed here.
Visit the Royal Baths and the Pearl Mosque built by the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb. Take a tour of the palaces of the Fort- Mumtaz Mahal, Khas Mahal, Rang Mahal and Hira Mahal. The women of the court lived in Mumtaz Mahal while the Khas Mahal was the Emperor’s private residence. The Rang Mahal was built for the Emperor’s wives and mistresses. The Hira Mahal was the last palace to be constructed in the Fort.
There are several other pavilions that were once surrounded by gardens. A water channel called the Stream of Paradise used to run through these pavilions.
The Fort came under British control in 1857. It was here that the last Mughal Emperor, Bahadur Shah Zafar was put on trial before being exiled to Burma. The Fort was later converted into a garrison by the British.
Today the Fort is the venue for the flag hoisting ceremony and the speech by the Prime Minister of India on 15th August each year. The day marks India’s Independence Day.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to your hotel.
Duration: 3 minutes
Departure Point :New Delhi, New Delhi, National Capital Territory of Delhi
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Indira Gandhi Intl Airport, New Delhi, New Delhi 110037 India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved.
- Not wheelchair accessible.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.