Explore Lothal & Uthellya From Ahmedabad With Lunch
On this day-excursion from Ahmedabad, visit two ancient towns of the Indus Valley civilization that flourished around 3700 B.C. The ruins of Lothal tell the tale of a prosperous city that was a thriving trade center in the ancient times. The famous dockyard at Lothal is probably one of the oldest in the world. Also, explore the ruins of this ancient civilization at the nearby site of Uthellya.
• Town planning of the Indus Valley civilization
• Ancient dockyard at Lothal
• Houses and buildings made of kiln-burnt bricks
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Lothal
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lothal, Saragwala Village, Dholka Taluka, Ahmedabad 382230 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and driven to Lothal around 50 miles from Ahmedabad. The drive to Lothal takes about an hour and a half.
In Lothal, explore the ruins of this once prosperous city that was famous for its beads, gems and jewellery. The remains of a well designed township complete with an underground drainage system and a marketplace can still be seen. Also visit the dockyard that stands in silent testimony to the maritime links of this ancient civilization. You will see the widespread use of kiln-burnt bricks, another important milestone that was reached here. After your visit to Lothal, enjoy an included lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant.
After lunch drive to the nearby site of Uthellya and walk through the ruins of this ancient town that were excavated in 1920.
At the end of the tour, you will be driven back to Ahmedabad and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad, Ahmedabad District, Gujarat
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Ahmedabad Airport, Ahmedabad India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Does not operate on Fridays & National Holidays.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.