Explore Kruja & Tirana
This is a tour that will show you the medieval and modern capital of Albania. Kruja town, is very nice and has the Turkish Style Bazaar, Ethnographic Museum and Skanderbeg Museum. We will have time for shopping in the Bazaar. We will visit the Ethnographic Museum to see how it was the way of living in the XVIII century. Afterwards we will visit the Skanderbeg Museum which is dedicated to our National Hero. When we come back to Tirana we visit a modern European capital city with some nice Italian Fascist Architectural style buildings that represent the main governmental institutions.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Entrance fee to Ethnographic Museum
- Entrance fee to Skanderbeg Museum
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Guide/Driver for the tour in the required language by the guests
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Ethnographic Museum of Kruja
- Entry/Admission - National Museum George Kastrioti Skanderbeg
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Our representative can recommend a place where to eat in Kruja
- Gratuities for guide/driver
- Everything that is not specified in the section "Included"
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ethnographic Museum of Kruja, Fortress of Kruja, Kruje 1501 Albania
We will visit a typical albanian house of the XVIII century where we can see the way how the family would live in that period.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: National Museum George Kastrioti Skanderbeg, Kruja Castle, Rruga Kala, Krujë 1501, Albania
Kruja is a centre of Albanian resistance against the Ottomans under our National Hero Scanderbeg. He kept the Ottoman armies from crossing into Western Europe for 25 years, thus earning the title “Athleta Christi” awarded by the Pope of the time. This is shown all in the Skanderbeg Museum
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Old Bazaar (Pazari i Vjeter), Rruga Albanopolis, Kruje 1501 Albania
Finally we make our way through Kruja’s famous Bazaar full of traditional handicrafts and souvenirs.
Stop At: Tirana, Tirana, Tirana County
After the visits return to Tirana to take a driven tour of the capital where the majority of monuments will be explained including the colourful buildings, which were a way of uplifting the dull grey and depressing communist built apartment blocks. We will stop just in front of the Prime Minister’s office to explore the area known as the Block which until 1991 was a “no go” zone for ordinary Albanians due to the fact that all the members of the Politburo including the dictator himself had their villas there. Afterwards we will visit an old characteristic house of Tirana which happens to be also the house of a famous Albanian painter. We will visit the old sitting room with an inside ottoman style balcony and fireplace where many of the paintings have been displayed. We proceed on foot to visit another house built during the turn of the century to view interesting artefacts from the communist past of the country. We end our tour of the capital with a visit at the socialist realism art section of the National Art Gallery, to see the use of art as propaganda during the rule of a totalitarian regime. End of our service.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Skanderbeg Statue, Sheshi Skënderbej, Tirana 1000, Albania
Traveler pickup is offered
Our tour representative will be 10-15 minutes before departure to pick you up at the hotel you are staying.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Transportation is wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.