Explore Gem Mines in Rathnapura from Mount Lavinia
(SKU: LK60661400) This tour takes you on an interesting day-long foray to explore Ratnapura, Sri Lanka's ancient City of Gemstones. Learn about the ancient history of this mining city. Watch the traditional miners at work at a moonstone mine. See how gems are washed and treated. Visit the Sri Lanka Gem Museum in Ratnapura. Make optional purchases of certified high-quality gems.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Service of an English speaking chauffeur guide.
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Transport in an air-conditioned vehicle.
- Water bottle Per Person
What's excluded :
- Entrance Ticket (if any)
- Food and drinks.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ratnapura, Sri Lanka
You will be starting your tour at 7:00 am from your hotel in Mount Lavinia. Be ready to be picked up by your chauffeur guide at that time. As you won't be stopping for breakfast, we suggest that you have breakfast before leaving or bring a packed breakfast with you. It will take you up till nearly 10:00 am to arrive at Ratnapura
There you will first meet up with a gem miner who will take you to see the famous moonstone mines.
At approximately 2:00 pm you will be visiting a gem treatment center/laboratory where the precious gems mined in the surrounding area are washed and treated to increase their beauty and quality.
Next you will be going to the Ratnapura Gemological Museum, a small-scale museum with an exclusive collection of the gems and mineral in Sri Lanka on display.
you will be visiting a gem and jewellery store for an opportunity to purchase quality gems at very reasonable prices. After at approximately 5:00 pm you will be leaving to return to Mount Lavinia
Duration: 7 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Your hotel in Colombo
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.