Explore! Cycling through Ayutthaya’s history
Revealing the treasures of Ayutthaya can be done via various means, yet not as relaxing and with clear view of the impressive UNESCO historical park as by bicycle. A full day biking passing the temple ruins of this once magnificent capital reveals this.
• Cycle around Ayutthaya’s famed temple ruins
• A relaxing means to travel through historical Thailand
• Go where normally cars and tourists don’t come
• A leisurely pedalling tour, with ample stops en route
• A local lunch is included en route in Ayutthaya
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A full day tour with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Joined / Private tours and transfers with a professional English-speaking guide.
- Transportation by vehicle with professional driver.
- Use of a well-maintained bicycle during the tour, complete with helmet
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Snacks, drinks and /or refreshments during the tour
- Lunch at a local restaurant is included (food only)
- 3rd party accident insurance
- Entry/Admission - Wat Niwet Thammaprawat
What's excluded :
- Tours, inclusions of any kind and other services that are not outlined in the tour description
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees.
- Compulsory Christmas, country-specific festival and/or New Year dinner at included hotels
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- Supplements for transfers for arriving or departing from any airport or resorts located outside city
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Historic City of Ayutthaya, Pratu Chai Sub-district, Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya District, Ayutthaya 13000 Thailand
We arrive at our starting point for touring this historical site, where you will get a short safety briefing and your bike will be properly adjusted. This easy-going biking trip will be approximately 30 kilometers long and reveals both ancient temple ruins and biking past local communities and scenic landscapes. We will take off the beaten tracks and onto local trails that show you authentic Thailand.
Duration: 1 hour 45 minutes
Stop At: Wat Maha That, Naresuan Rd, Tambon Tha Wa Su Kri, Amphoe Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya, Chang Wat Phra Nakhon Si Ayutthaya 13000, Thailand
Our guide continues guiding you passing the ancient city walls and the Wat Mahathat, admiring the Buddha images of this great temple. You will of course receive an explanation about the history of Ayutthaya and its temples and kings.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Chao Praya River, Ayutthaya Thailand
We leave the main roads and ride into the Thai countryside on back roads that parallel the Chao Phraya River. We follow the road in northern direction through idyllic, quaint little villages and along rice paddies. To continue our journey, we cross the river by local ferry and reach our lunch address – a local Thai restaurant right en route towards our afternoon visits.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Niwet Thammaprawat, Bang Pa-in Thailand
After this break, our paths lead to a unique Gothic-style temple, called Wat Niwet Thamaprawat, erected on a river island. This rather impressive temple can only be reached via a short ride due to its rural location.
Duration: 1 hour
Pass By: Chao Praya River, Ayutthaya Thailand
We continue our ride with the Chao Phraya River near us until we reach the pier to cross the river again back to the city and finish the tour at our meeting point.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup is available from most centrally located Bangkok hotels. Transfer outside these areas, supplements apply.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- This tour is operated both on private basis as well as on joint / Seat-In-Coach basis.
- Joint tours are operated with an English-speaking guide only.
- Transfers are only operated within the downtown Bangkok areas and restricted to main hotels only. Regions outside the central business district such as Khao San Road, Rattanakosin, Nonthaburi, Thonburi, Minburi, both International Airports, Ratchadapisek and upper Sukhumvit (Soi 55 and further) are excluded and supplementary charges apply.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- We regret that are unable to provide pick-up and drop-off transfer services from and to apartment complexes, local guest houses or private apartments. We advise you kindly to head on your own arrangement to the nearest hotel inside the downtown Bangkok area.
- Should you have booked a joint / Seat-In-Coach excursion, we are unable to communicate with you with accurate participation numbers, as these may change until the very last moment.
- We will do all possible to comply with any dietary requirements during this excursion; it may not always be possible to confirm your wishes in advance based on the choice of local restaurant.
- Customers booking this this leisurely bicycle tour may expect some light hills, unequal terrain and/or some bike carrying along the way.
- A minimal degree of fitness may be needed to enjoy this excursion to the fullest.
- To respect local customs and respecting the religious sites and temples on this tour, it is customary for guests to take off their shoes before allowed entrance. Your guide will inform you in advance for which of these sites this is applicable.
- Those customers wearing shorts or short-sleeved shirts during this tour, we highly recommend bringing a sarong. The possibility of renting one at the entrance is often available.
- We always will make efforts to confirm the exact pick-up time upon reservation. For any operational issues in which are not able to confirm the exact pick-up time in advance, we reserve the right to inform you the day before the departure of the tour.
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 999 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.