Explore Cochin on Foot
This tour of Cochin combines walking with car transport. It also includes a visit to coastal fishing villages near Cochin. The important city and harbor in the state of Kerala on India’s south-west coast is famous for its backwaters and was a spice trade center from the 14th century on. Even ancient Rome already traded long-distance with this part of Coastal India. It is a soft walk tour done at your pace and covers all attractions of Cochin.
• Francis Church
• Princess Street and Convent Road
• Santa Cruz Cathedral and Fort Kochi
• Jewish Town
• Chinese Fishing Nets
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off within city center.
- English Speaking Local Guide.
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person.
What's excluded :
- Charges for camera usage in historic sites
- Food and drinks unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Fort Kochi, Fort Kochi, Kochi (Cochin), Ernakulam District, Kerala
You will be picked up from your hotel within the city center. Meet your friendly guide and start your tour after a short briefing.
Visit Fort Kochi by car. Admire the famous Chinese Fishing Nets. Important streets and buildings in Cochin such as Francis Church, Santa Cruz Cathedral and Dutch Palace (closed on Friday), Princess Street and Convent Road are all on the itinerary. Walk along the Jewish street and view Paradeshi Synagogue for Cochin’s Jews (Friday and Saturdays closed). Then walk along the spice market. Embark on an orientation drive to the coastal villages and reach Chellanam, the fishing harbor. Watch fishing boats arrive after the day’s catch. You will also be taken through the narrow roads of the ancient city spotting textile shops and jewelry businesses, outlets selling flowers, fruits and vegetable to their customers.
Before finishing your tour, enjoy lunch at local restaurant. (not included).
After lunch you will be driven back to your hotel within city center.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Kochi (Cochin), Kochi (Cochin), Ernakulam District, Kerala
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Kochi Airport, Kochi (Cochin) India
- Cochin Port, Venkitaraman Rd, Willingdon Island, Kochi, Kerala 682009, India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Comfortable shoes are recommended throughout the trip.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult
- Jewish Synagogue and Dutch Palace remain closed on Fridays and Saturdays)
- Infants must sit on laps
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.