Explore Bodhgaya - Lord Buddha's Enlightenment Place With Lunch
Bodhgaya is one of the most important pilgrimage sites for Buddhists. It is a village in the North Indian state of Bihar. It was here under the Bodhi tree that Lord Buddha attained enlightenment. On this half-day tour, visit the Mahabodhi Temple and the Bodhi tree. A UNESCO World Heritage site, the town also has several other temples and Stupas and a huge statue of the Buddha.
• Mahabodhi Temple
• Bodhi Tree
• 80 feet statue of the Buddha
• River Neeranjana
• Sujata Village
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Lunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Mahabodhi Temple
- Entry/Admission - Sujata Kuti
What's excluded :
- Food or drink,unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Mahabodhi Temple, Bihar 824231, Bodh Gaya 824231 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning and taken for a tour of Bodhgaya. Visit the 170 feet high Mahabodhi Temple that has a huge statue of Lord Buddha made of black stone. In the grounds of the temple is the Bodhi tree under which the Buddha meditated and attained enlightenment. The tree is believed to be the fifth generation of the original tree. Also visit the 80 feet statue of Lord Buddha that is built in the Japanese style.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Sujata Kuti, 8 Km from Bodh Gaya, Bodh Gaya India
Next drive over to Sujata Village, where a village girl offered food to the Buddha that inspired him to choose the Middle Path. Your guide will also take you to the banks of the River Niranjana in which the Buddha bathed after attaining enlightenment.
At the end of the tour, enjoy an included lunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant. After lunch you will be dropped back at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Bihar, Bihar
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Gaya Airport, Gaya - Sherghati Rd, Gaya, Bihar 823004, India
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.