Explore Belilena Cave from Kitulgala
(SKU: LK83100100) This tour gives you the chance to see the famous Archeological Reserve, the Belilena Caves. Hike through the dense jungles around Kitulgala. Explore the secretive caves, where many fossils and skeletal remains aged over 10,000 years were found. View the archaeological excavation which is famed for the skeletal remains of the ‘Balangoda Man’. Get some awesome photographs to impress your friends. Learn more about the progression and evolution of mankind through millennia.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Service of an English-speaking guide.
- Water bottle (per-person).
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off.
- Food and drinks.
- Gratuities (optional).
- Expenses of personal nature.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Belilena Cave, 8 Km From the Town of Kitulgala., Kitulgala 71720 Sri Lanka
The word speleology, describes the exploration, surveying, mapping and photographing of caves, which is performed by the scientific community. These caves are home to a great variety of creatures that are nocturnal in their habits and most of the recently discovered species are from caves which have been around for at least 500 million years. These caves especially the Belilena Cave in Sri Lanka is abound with stalactites and stalagmites, formations of conical calcium deposits sometimes as tall as a small child.
This captivating activity is relatively new to Sri Lanka and is rather an unusual experienced not to be missed. Sri Lanka is dotted all over with many caves from the Ritigala mountains in the north to the central hills and the southern hillocks of the South. The most famous being Batatotalena at sudugala, attributed to the “Balangoda man” a prehistoric man whose skeletal remains were uncovered inside this cave, Belilena in Kithulgala and aptly named “Wavulpone” because of the large community of bats living inside with some records indicating a figure as high as hundred thousand.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
The Plantation Hotel Kithulgala
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Sports attire and shoe which is ideal for rough terrain recommended for this tour.
- Hike through jungle
- Visit the archaeological reserve of Belilena Caves
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.