Explore Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal from Hospet with brunch
The South Indian state of Karnataka is home to famous temples of India. On this full-day tour from Hospet, visit ancient Hindu, Jain and Buddhist temples in the towns of Badami, Aihole and Pattadakal that date back to between the 5th and 12th century A.D. All three towns were part of the empire of the powerful Chalukya dynasty that ruled over large parts of Southern and Central India. The rule of the Chalukyas is considered as the ‘Golden Age’ for literature, art and architecture in South India as these fine arts flourished under royal patronage.
• 6th century Badami Cave Temples
• Ravana Phadi Temple, Aihole
• UNESCO World Heritage site of Pattadakal
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle.
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide
- Brunch (beverage excluded)
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Entry/Admission - Badami Cave Temples
- Entry/Admission - Aihole
- Entry/Admission - Group of Monuments in Pattadakal
What's excluded :
- Food or drink, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Badami Cave Temples, Badami India
You will be picked up from your hotel in the morning for the 3-hour drive to the town of Badami, situated at a distance of 80 miles from Hospet.
Upon arrival in Badami, take brunch (beverage excluded) at a local restaurant. After brunch start your tour of the Cave Temples. The caves are situated on sandstone hills that surround Lake Agastya. There are four cave temples that are inter-connected through flights of stairs. The first cave temple is dedicated to the Hindu God Shiva, the second and third temples are of the Hindu God Vishnu and the fourth cave temple is dedicated to Lord Mahavira, the founder of Jainism. After the cave temples, visit the nearby Banashankari temple that dates back to the 7th century A.D.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Aihole, Bagalkot district India
Next drive to the historic site of Aihole. Situated at a distance of 20 miles from Badami, the drive to Aihole takes around an hour. Aihole has over 120 stone and cave temples that range from the 4th to the 12th century A.D. Of these, around 100 temples are dedicated to Hindu Gods and the remaining are Jain or Buddhist temples. Climb up the Meguti Hill and visit the ancient Jain temple there. Next visit the 6th century rock-cut Hindu temple of Ravana Phadi. You can see the remains of stunning paintings on the ceiling and some great sculptures as you explore this cave temple. After Ravana Phadi cave temple, visit a few other ancient temples of the area before continuing your drive to the UNESCO World Heritage site of Pattadakal.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Group of Monuments in Pattadakal, Pattadakal India
The drive from Aihole to Pattadakal takes around half an hour. The temples of Pattadakal represent the peak of Chalukyan architecture and are a fusion of the North Indian Nagara and the South Indian Dravidian styles. There are a series of nine Hindu temples. The most prominent amongst them is the Temple of Virupaksha. This temple was built in the 8th century A.D. by Queen Lokamahadevi to commemorate her husband’s victory over the Pallava Kings of South India. The temple has intricate carvings and inscriptions and contains several beautiful sculptures of Hindu Gods. A Jain sanctuary is also present in Pattadakal.
At the end of the tour you will be driven back to Hospet and dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Karnataka, Karnataka
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.
Departure Time :7:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Consider wearing comfortable clothes and walking shoes.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.