Experience our scenic southern Lemosho Route, an 8 day climb of Mt. Kilimanjaro
Until the Northern Circuit opened recently, the Lemosho Route was widely considered to be the overall best route to climb Kilimanjaro. It combines all the best feature of the Machame route in terms of success rate but, by starting further round to the West, it takes you up and over the spectacular Shira Plateau, while at the same time avoids the crowds on the early part of the Machame route. Over 8 days, you have a fantastic journey and a great chance of summiting successfully.
per adult from
7 to 9 days
What's included :
- All National Park fees & Taxes
- Certified Mountain Guide and Mountain Crew
- All The Basic Three meals on the Mountain
- Guides, Cooks and Porters' Salaries
- Pulse Oximeters
- Tents and Sleeping Matress
- Tents and Sleeping Mattresses
- Cutlery / Crockery / Eating utensils
- Mess tent (for dining) / Mini camping chairs / Tables / Candles
- First Aid Kit
- Entry/Admission - Mount Kilimanjaro
What's excluded :
- Guides, Porters, Cook & Waiters tips
- Meals and drinks not specified
- Gears for your Climb
- Items of Personal Nature
- The Lemosho route is considered the most scenic trail on Kilimanjaro, granting panoramic vistas on various sides of the mountain. As one of the newer routes, Lemosho is a superb choice for your climb. It is our preferred route due to its ideal balance of low crowds, beautiful scenery and a high summit success rate. Enjoy Kili specializes in guiding on the Lemosho route. Most of our clients climb Kilimanjaro using this route and they consistently report that they loved it. Thus, Lemosho is highly recommended.
The route approaches Mount Kilimanjaro from the west, beginning with a long drive from Moshi to Londorossi Gate. From there, the first two days are spent trekking through the rain forest to Shira Ridge. The Lemosho route crosses the entire Shira Plateau from west to east in a pleasant, relatively flat hike. Crowds are low until the route joins the Machame route near Lava Tower. Then the route traverses underneath Kilimanjaro's Southern Ice Field on a path known as the Southern Circuit before summiting from Barafu. Descent is made via the Mweka route.
Departure Point :Mount Kilimanjaro, Mt Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.