Experience Mexico City: Cantinas, Lucha Libre and Mariachi in Garibaldi Square
Live la vida loca on a night out on the town in Mexico City! Enjoy a drink at a local cantina, sing and dance to mariachi music, then cheer on your favorite wrestlers at a Lucha Libre match. Meet the locals on your night out on the tiles, get around by public transportation with the assistance of your professional guide, and experience nighttime fun with a difference in Mexico City.
per adult from
What's included :
- Local bilingual tour guid
- Public transportation
- Souvenir - a wrestler mask
- Visit to different cantinas
What's excluded :
- Entrance fee to clubs
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Food and drinks
- Ready to get up close and personal with one of Mexico’s most popular sports? It’s going to get exciting!
Our unique Mexico City tour (say that ten times fast!) starts at a typical Mexican pub called a cantina. Here, you’ll enjoy a couple drinks (at your own expense) and get to know the rest of the travelers on your tour. Most importantly, though, your local Urban Adventures guide will give you a briefing of what’s in store for the rest of the evening, including the basic rules of the eccentric lucha libre.
As we drink, you’ll learn about the story of tequila and mezcal, and your guide will get you up to date on Mexico’s world famous party culture, from mariachis and jarochos to banda music.
To keep the excitement of the night going, we’ll head to another cantina by the Mexican musician’s square of Garibaldi, where we will experience Mexican Mariachi music and many other Mexican music bands. We’ll enjoy the atmosphere of the square for about an hour before heading out to the arena to support the best “Luchadores” of the country.
Lucha libre (aka Mexican wrestling), is the second-most watched sport in Mexico, and hands down one of the most exciting things you can do while visiting Mexico City. For a truly local experience, we’ll hop on the subway to the Arena Mexico to catch the fight. We’ll get you good seats in the arena so you can truly live the experience and see the best matches of the night.
Immerse yourself in the crazy, exciting, energetic atmosphere of the arena and really get into it - scream and whistle whatever you want, while you experience unique and dramatic lucha libre moves like La Quebradora, El Martineta, La Segadora, and many others. You’ll watch some of the best wrestlers in the country in an experience that will leave you awestruck for the two hours you spend at the lucha libre.
At the end of this unreal experience, you will have time to buy some souvenirs, like the mask of the best wrestler you saw in the show, so you can take some fun photos with your masks on.
After all the dancing, singing, drinking, and cheering, we’ll be ready to go back to where it all began, our meeting point, where your guide will offer suggestions for where to continue the party. If you prefer to hit the hay, you can take a cab back to your hotel with the help of your local tour guide.
Departure Point :MUMEDI, Av Francisco I. Madero 74, Centro Histórico de la Cdad. de México, Centro, Cuauhtémoc, 06000 Ciudad de México, CDMX, Mexico
Departure Time :5:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Minimum age is 18 years
- We recommend dressing conservatively as we will be visiting non-touristy areas. Long trousers or jeans and a t-shirt is recommended. Leave your valuables, such as passports and credit cards, in the hotel and bring a small amount of spending cash. During the rainy season (May to September) we recommend bringing a raincoat or umbrella.
- For your Urban Adventure you will be in a small group of a maximum of 12 people
- No cameras or bottles are allowed in the arena. If you bring a camera you will have to leave it at the entrance in the camera storage. Pictures with cellphones are allowed without flash.
- The order of the activities varies on Sundays because we go to the Lucha Libre first.
- Please note that if the group size exceeds 8 persons then we will take private transport instead of public transport.
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- All tours follow the latest local health authority advice, including mask usage and social distancing. Urban Adventures has received the World Travel and Tourism Council’s Safe Travels stamp, which recognises companies that have adopted health and hygiene global standardised protocols.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.