Experience Bangkok Bike Tour & Chao Phraya Canal Boat Ride with lunch
Explore the iconic backwaters of Bangkok by boat and bike. Enjoy Chao Phraya River by a ferry ride, Portuguese bakery, temples, tree-lined canals, traditional artist workshops and an included lunch on this crafted adventure through Bangkok. This tour has fun activities for all the family.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional Local Expert Guide
- Entry/Admission - Wat Kalayanamit School
- Entry/Admission - Khlong Bang Luang Artist House
- Entry/Admission - Khlong Bang Luang Floating Market
What's excluded :
- Gratuities (optional)
- Personal Expenses
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Wat Kalayanamit School, 371/3 ถนนเทศบาลสาย1 แขวงวัดกัลยาณ์ เขตธนบุรี Khwaeng Wat Kanlaya, Khet Thon Buri, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10600, Thailand
After a quick bike fitting and briefing, we hit the bikes. We will be cycling off the main road on small lanes, alleyways and canal boats to immerse you in the soul of Bangkok.Here along the banks of the Chao Phraya River is where Bangkok first began. We’ll park our bikes at the first Christian community of Santa Cruz to visit the descendants of the early Portuguese traders who have been making a Portuguese cupcake for over 5 generations. We then pedal to the neighbouring Chinese Thai temple of Wat Kalayanamit and the site of Bangkok's first Chinatown. Wat Kalyanamit houses Bangkok's largest sitting Buddhist image.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Soi Wat Hong Rattanaram, Khwaeng Wat Arun, Khet Bangkok Yai, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10600, Thailand
Here we will park our bikes briefly to see a shrine devoted to the first king of Bangkok, Taksin. The Chapel of Wat Hongrattanaram is the largest in Thonburi and, according to some, the most beautiful in Bangkok.
Duration: 15 minutes
Stop At: Khlong Bang Luang Artist House, Soi 28, Wat Kuhasawan, Thonburi, Bangkok Soi 28, Wat Kuhasawan, Thonburi Thailand
Cycling back lanes and pedaling along small tree-lined canals, we will arrive at an old wooden market with a historic community temple. Centuries ago, trading communities formed along the canals on the outskirts of Bangkok to buy the goods coming to market from the outlying farms and orchards. The former wealth of these trading communities can be seen in the elegant architecture of the temples they left behind.
Duration: 35 minutes
Stop At: Khlong Bang Luang Floating Market, Soi Phetkasem 20 Kam Phaeng Bang Chak Temple, Bangkok Thailand
Enjoy a simple tasty Thai lunch in a local eatery by the canal in the grounds of the community temple. Thailand is known for its variety of spices and flavours and your meal will surely be a highlight of the day.
Duration: 35 minutes
Pass By: Joe Louis Thai Puppet Theatre, 2194 Charoenkrung Road S13 Asiatique The River Front, Bangkok Thailand
A group of Artists has taken up residence in a 200-year-old traditional wooden house on the banks of Khlong Bang Luang. Marvel at a show of the most unique puppetry you may ever see, as the art is combined with traditional Khon dance by the Hoon Lek puppeteers. The modern inhabitants of the old wooden trading houses these days sell artwork and vintage crafts as well as fish food for you to feed the abundant fish in the canal.
Pass By: Chao Phraya River, 780/488 Charoen Krung Road, Bang Kho Laem, Bangkok 10120 Thailand
After stowing the bikes in the back of a long tail boat, you and your guide wind your way down the ancient canals to Chao Phraya River. Sailing up the River of the Kings, you will pass the Grand Palace before docking near Khaosan Rd.
Pass By: Grasshopper Adventures - Bangkok Bike Tours, 719 Maha Chai Rd, Khwaeng Wang Burapha Phirom, Phranakorn Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Once you’ve disembarked from the boat with your bike, we’ll pedal a short distance back to the Grasshopper shop to finish the tour around 3:30 pm. The bike tour usually takes 4 - 5 hours but this is variable by group. Lunch is included in the bike tour.
Departure Point :Maha Chai Road, Maha Chai Rd, Khwaeng Wang Burapha Phirom, Khet Phra Nakhon, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10200, Thailand
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.