Experience Authentic Desert Villages & Sunset Camel Safari
This tour is a different and unique experience in Jaisalmer for people who are always curious during their travels how do the local people live. It is also a perfect way to extend camel safari into a full day trip. We understand adventure travellers well that is why we carefully crafted this package.
It is all about authenticity. Nothing is staged here, we want you to see how people live in the Thar Desert. We partnered with selected villages to create a sustainable tourism and fair source of income for them.
You will visit two different villages and have a chance to see desert life, interact with villagers during tea breaks and eat homely vegetarian lunch with one of the families in their house.
After that you'll transfer for the desert safari, where camels will be already waiting for you. Watching the sunset from the dunes is an unforgettable experience. As the sun sets, the sky and sands change colours to create one brilliant spectacle.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Thar Desert traditional villages tour with sunset camel safari on sand dunes
- Visit to two different villages
- Vegetarian lunch with local family
- Tea & biscuits breaks with villagers
- Two hours sunset safari with one camel per person
- Transportation with a jeep
- Bottled water
What's excluded :
- Alcoholic Beverages
- Travel insurance
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Hotel Fifu, Opposite Nagarpalika, Postal Colony, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India
This is the assembly point of your tour. If you opted for hotel pickup we will bring you here before the start.
Quick introduction to the team and review of the itinerary. You can also store luggage on our premises if you so desire.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Jaisalmer, Jaisalmer, Jaisalmer District, Rajasthan
Visit in two authentic Thar Desert villages. You will reach there by jeep. Within just few minutes from your arrival the news will spread through the village that a guest arrived. Children start approaching curiously and shouting greetings, women look shyly from far away while men welcome you in their village and ask about your life and family.
Because of the remoteness of these villages, locals are not used to having visitors hence it is always a special occasion when guests arrive. You will spend some time walking around the villages with some chai breaks. After that you will have a chance to taste a traditional lunch prepared for you from local ingredients in one of the families houses. Don't forget to capture those amazing moments on photographs but please ask people before making their portraits.
Duration: 5 hours
Stop At: Fifu Camel Safaris, Opp.Nagarpalika, Bera Rd, C/o, HOTELFIFU, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India
When your visit in the two villages is complete, you'll transfer to another point for the desert safari, where camels will be already waiting for you. Watching the sunset from the dunes is an unforgettable experience. As the sun sets, the sky and sands change colours to create one brilliant spectacle. The air becomes chillier and it seems as if the whole desert is preparing for the night. As the night emerges you can clearly see the starry sky without any light pollution.
You will reach back to Jaisalmer by 10 PM.
Duration: 5 hours
Departure Point :Hotel Fifu, Opposite Nagarpalika, Postal Colony, Jaisalmer, Rajasthan 345001, India
Traveler pickup is offered
Hotel pickup & drop-off limited to 3km radius from city center. Please mention your hotel name.
Departure Time :10:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.