Expedition Alpamayo Trek Peru and Climbing Nevado Pisco: 15 days
Fabulous circuit that starts in Hualcayan and finishes in Llanganuco Valley, where you can observe the famous face of Alpamayo Peak (5947m) that won a prize for “The most beautiful mountain in the world”.
Be impressed by the variety of the environments on offer with this easy but comprehensive tour, which gives a taste of the full beauty of the Andes. In the course of this trip, we go through very rural hamlets and villages, with thatched mud huts and steep terraces. We pass by archeological sites, turquoise lakes and splendid countryside. We camp at the bottom of some of the giants of the Cordillera Blanca. For the more energetic, after this warm up, you can finish by climbing the Nevado Pisco (5 756 m), which boasts a fabulous panorama of the Cordillera Blanca. A fitting end to one of our most beautiful trips
per adult from
What's included :
- Transport Huaraz to Cashapampa, and return from Vaqueria in a private vehicle
- Professional certified guide - AGPM - IFMGA
- Professional outdoor cook
- Donkeys or llamas and porters where applicable
- Full camping and kitchen equipment. Complete food
- kitchen tent, mess tent, two-people tents, tables, chairs, and bathroom tent
- First aid kit stocked for wilderness expedition
- Information and specific recommendations before the trekking
- Permanent assistance of the agency throughout the duration of your stay
What's excluded :
- International flights and applicable airport taxes
- Accommodation and meals in Lima & Huaraz
- Line Bus transportation Lima – Huaraz – Lima
- Acclimatization program preceding this trek
- Personal clothing and equipment (such good shoes, a small back pack, clothes, sleeping bag and pad, etc.
- Incidental personal expenditures, including emergency evacuations and medical expenditures
- Insurance: personal travel, high mountain and/or medical insurance
- Suggested Itinerary:
Day 1: Huaraz / Hualcayan village
Our Andes Travel Expeditions team will pick you up from your hotel after breakfast and start heading out for our 5 hour comfortable van ride heading north to the village of Hualcayan village situated at 9,514ft / 2900m where our donkeys and Arrieros will be waiting for us. Overnight at our camp at Hualcayan.
Day 2: Hualcayan / Wishcash
After breakfast we begin our continuous climb up a “switch back” trail from the village of Hualcayan to Wishcash 14,108 ft / 4300m hiking for approximately 4 to 5 hours. Overnight at our camp at Wishcash.
Day 3: Wishcash / Ruinapampa
From Wishcash we continue our trek ascending to the spectacular lake Laguna Cullicocha 15,912ft / 4850m where we cross our first high Pass named Osoruri 15,584ft / 4750m. From this beautiful high pass, we begin our long descent to our next camp at Ruinapampa 12,467 ft / 3800m with an approximately 8 - 9 hour hike.
Day 4: Ruinapampa / Cruze Alpamayo
A fairly easy relaxed day trekking while ascending easily up the valley to our next camp at Cruze Alpamayo 13,615ft / 4150m. This day includes approximately 3 - 4 hours of hiking.
Day 5: Cruze Alpamayo / Day Rest
This can be an optional day on the trek so as to spend an additional night at our Cruze Alpamayo camp to just chill-out appreciating the superb views of Alpamayo. With this additional day in the high Andes, we can trek to Laguna Jancarurish or visit the Alpamayo Base Camp 14,764ft / 4500m.
Day 6: Cruze Alpamayo / Safuna or Huilca
This sixth day is long and demanding hike as we ascend up to the windswept Paso Cara Cara 15,846ft / 4830m from where we capture even more breathtaking panoramic views of Alpamayo and the surrounding lakes. From this vantage point we then continue our trek to our next Paso Mesapata 14,764ft / 4500m before descending to our next camp at Laguna Safuna 13,780ft / 4200m. Today’s trek is approximately 7-8 hours. We have the option to camp at Huilca which is about 1 hour further distance from Safuna. Our trekking guide and our clients can decide on this option depending on the group’s level of fitness.
Day 7: Huillca – L Sactaycocha
Day 8: L. Sactaycocha - Jancapampa
Day 9: Jancapampa - Huecrucocha
Day 10: Huecrucocha – Quisuar
Day 11: Quisuar – Colcabamba – Vaquería – Cebollapampa
Day 12: Cebollapampa – Pisco Base Camp
Day 13: Pisco Base Camp – Moraine Camp
Day 14: Moraine Camp – Pisco summit – Pisco Base Camp
Day 15: Pisco Base Camp – Huaraz
Departure Point :Hotel or the Andes Travel Expeditions office
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Puede ser operado por un guía multilingüe.
- Por favor avise cualquier requerimiento dietético específico al momento de la reserva
- Opción vegetariana está disponible, por favor avise al momento de la reserva si es necesario
- No recomendado para participantes con problemas de espalda.
- Una cantidad moderada de caminata está involucrada
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.