Exotic Istanbul Tour - Chora Church, Imperial Mosques, Bazaars, Fener and Balat
Discover the streets of exotic Istanbul on our Chora Church tour. Stroll from the old Ottoman city centre past the Imperial mosques. Visit the university district. Dive into the colour and chaos of the bazaar neighbourhood. Feast like an Ottoman. Get lost in the suburbs of Fener and Balat. Discover Chora church, centre of the Eastern Orthodox world.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch (at famous Asitane Restaurant)
- Professional guide
- Hotel/port pickup and drop-off
- Guaranteed to skip the long lines
- Transportation to/from attractions
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses
- Entrance fees
- The Exotic Istanbul tour starts in Sultanhamet. You’ll go deep underground to the Basilica Cistern before heading up Divan Yolu. We pass through Cemberlitas, Beyazid square and the mosque of the same name, and Istanbul University.
Our path takes us to the stately Suleymaniye mosque, built between 1550 and 1557 AD. Suleymaniye the Magnificent ordered its construction and it’s an impressive legacy.
Back down the hill immerse yourself in the everyday hustle and bustle of the Eminonu. Keep an eye out for a bargain in the Grand Bazaar and Spice Market.
From the shores of the Golden Horn it’s just a short taxi ride to Asitane Restaurant for lunch. Their specially curated tasting courses allow you to experience what it was like to dine with the sultans. Each item on the menu has been painstaking recreated from authentic Ottoman documents of the time.
The Chora Church, also known as the Kariye Museum, is just next door. There has been a church on this site since the 4th century AD. Much altered over the centuries, it’s one of the most beautiful and unique Greek Orthodox Byzantine structures in the city. The superb interior mosaics were completed in the 13th century and depict scenes from the Old Testament.
On the Chora Church tour we wind our way through the narrow streets of Fener and Balat. Our guide will take you to St George’s Cathedral. As the Patriarchate of the Eastern Orthodox Church it contains some of the most significant relics the church owns. Local Turkish born Greeks, known as Rum, still worship here.
Departure Point :From your hotel/port
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- DYNAMIC PRICING
- Basically the dynamic pricing is the
- when the number of people in your party increases. The more people in your group, the less you would pay person.
- 1 Adult - €200
- 2 Adults - €115 pp
- 3 Adults - €100 pp
- 4 Adults - €105 pp
- 5 Adults - €90 pp
- 6 Adults - €85 pp
- 7 - 9 Adults - €75 pp
- 10 - 12 Adults - €70 pp
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.