Excursion to Warangal visit Temples, Fort & Thoranam
This tour include same day excursion to Warangal. You will visit Thousand Pillar Rudreswara Temple, along with Warangal Fort, Kakatiya Kala Thoranam and Ramappa Temple these sites are in tentative list of UNESCO World Heritage sites. Pick up and drop off from your hotel in Hyderabad, entrances to monuments mentioned in the itinerary and English speaking guide service is well included.
per adult from
6 to 7 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private AC deluxe car
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel.
- Services of a knowledgeable, government-licensed English-speaking tour guide.
- Monument entrance fees & activities charges mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bottled water within the vehicle.
- All taxes.
- Entry/Admission - Thousand Pillar Temple
- Entry/Admission - Warangal Fort
- Entry/Admission - Kakatiya Musical Garden
- Entry/Admission - Ramappa Temple
What's excluded :
- Any meals.
- Camera charges at monuments.
- Gratuities (optional).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Thousand Pillar Temple, Warangal 506001 India
The Thousand Pillar Rudreswara Temple - one of the fine and earliest available examples of Kakatiya art, architecture and sculpture. It was built by Rudra Deva, and named after him as ‘Sri Rudreswara Swamy temple with the presiding deity as Rudreswara, in 1163 AD in the style of later Chalukyan and early Kakatiyan Architecture, star-shaped and triple shrined (Trikutalaya). The temple is a fine specimen of architecture and sculpture with One thousand pillars. There are richly carved pillars, perforated screens, exquisite icons; rock cut elephants and the monolithic dolerite Nandi as components of the temple. Strengthening of foundations like sandbox technique, the skill of Kakatiya sculptors is manifest in adroit craftsmanship and flawless ivory carving technique in their art. The ingenuity of Kakatiya sculptors is visible in likes of lathe turned, and shiny polish in dolerite and granite stone sculpture and craft work of Nava Rangamandapa.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Warangal Fort, 12 km from Hanamkonda, Warangal India
Warangal fort built by King Ganapathi in 13th century and completed by his daughter Rudrama Devi, in 1261 A.D., The fort has two walls, with the traces of the third. The fort has 45 towers and pillars spread over a radius of 19 km, and a temple of Mother Earth called ‘Swayambhudevi Alayam’ in the middle. The Warangal Fort was a huge construction with three distinct circular strongholds surrounded by a moat. Four paths with decorative and lofty gateways known as Keerthi Thorana or Hamsa Thorana, set according to the cardinal points, lead to the center where a huge Shiva Temple (Swayambhu Gudi) once existed.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Kakatiya Musical Garden, Near Bhadrakali Temple, Warangal India
Kakatiya Kala Thoranam - The Warangal Fort has four ornamental gates which originally formed the gates to the destroyed great Shiva temple which are known as. The arch was built around 12th century during the rule of the Kakatiya dynasty. The Monument is included in the "tentative list" of UNESCO World Heritage Site.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Ramappa Temple, Palampet Village, Venkatapur Mandal, Warangal India
Ramappa Temple - This temple has been rightfully described as the “brightest star in the galaxy of medieval temples of the Deccan” a repository of Kakatiyan creative genius, with intricate carvings adorning the walls, pillars and ceilings of this marvellous edifice. The temple is a Shivalaya and stands majestically on a 6 ft high star shaped platform. The hall in front of the sanctum has numerous carved pillars that have been positioned to create an effect that combines light and space wonderfully and the exquisitely chiselled walls and ceiling are unique to the time of Kakatiyan sculptors and empire.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 2/25/2020 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 07:00 AM - 09:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.