Excursion to visit Lepakshi Temple & Nandi Hills from Bangalore
This tour include visit to Veerabhadra Temple in Lepakshi one of the gems that will leave you astonished. Dedicated to Lord Shiva, this temple is known for its floating pillar. Also visit Nandi Hills for panoramic views and see hilltop Temple & Tipu Sultan’s Fort. Transport by AC vehicle, entrances to monuments mentioned in the itinerary and English speaking guide service is well included.
per adult from
10 to 12 minutes
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private AC deluxe car
- Pick up and drop off to your hotel.
- Services of a knowledgeable, government-licensed English-speaking tour guide.
- Monument entrance fees & activities charges mentioned in the itinerary.
- Bottled water within the vehicle.
- All taxes.
- Entry/Admission - Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Complex
What's excluded :
- Any meals.
- Camera charges at monuments.
- Gratuities (optional).
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Lepakshi, Lepakshi, Anantapur District, Andhra Pradesh
Pick up from your hotel in Bangalore for full day excursion visit to Lepakshi Temple & Nandi Hills (approx 300kms round trip).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Veerabhadra Swamy Temple Complex, Lepakshi Road, Lepakshi 515331 India
Veerabhadra Temple Lepakshi - located in the small historical village of Lepakshi, built in the 16th century, the architectural features of the temple are in the Vijayanagara style with profusion of carvings and paintings at almost every exposed surface of the temple. The temple features many exquisite sculptures of god, goddesses, dancers and musicians, and hundreds of paintings all over the walls, columns and ceiling depicting stories from the epics of the Mahabharata, the Ramayana, and the Puranas. This includes a 24 feet by 14 feet fresco of Veerabhadra, the fiery god created by Shiva, on the ceiling, which is the largest fresco of any single figure in India. At the front of the temple is a large Nandi (bull), the mount of Shiva, which is carved from a single block of stone, and is said to be one of the largest of its type in the world.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Nandi Hills, Nandi Hills, Chikkaballapura District, Karnataka
Drive back to Bangalore en-route visit Nandi Hills (60kms from Bangalore). Once the summer retreat of Tipu Sultan, it’s a good place for hiking and birding. His summer residence can still be found in Nandi Hills. The house was called Tashk-e-Jannat, whose painted walls, intricate archways, high pillars and artfully crafted ceilings attract visitors even today. The hill also has temples dating back to the Chola period. The hills offer great views of the surroundings.
Stop At: Nandi Hills, Nandi Hills, Chikkaballapura District, Karnataka
Nandi Hills - temple complex has two large shrines: the "Arunachaleswara" shrine to the south built by the Gangas of Talakad, and the "Bhoga Nandeeshwara" shrine to the north built by the Cholas. It has the sculpture of a king considered to be that of Rajendra Chola. In between there is a small intervening shrine called with "Uma-Maheshwara" shrine with a kalyana mantapa ("marriage alter") supported by ornate pillars in black stone with reliefs depicting of the Hindu gods Shiva and his consort Parvati, Brahma (the creator) and Saraswathi, Vishnu (the preserver) and his consort Lakshmi, the god of fire Agni and his consort Swaha Devi, and decorative creepers and birds in bas-relief. This is typical to Hoysala architecture.
Duration: 2 hours
Pass By: Bengaluru, Bengaluru, Bangalore District, Karnataka
After sightseeing drive back to Bangalore and drop off to your hotel.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 9/8/2020 - 9/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 06:00 AM - 10:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 day of travel. In this case confirmation will be received as soon as possible, subject to availability
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.