Excursion To Orchha & Jhansi From Khajuraho
On this day trip from Khajuraho, visit Orchha, a former princely state of India that is famous for its temples and palaces. The state was founded in 1531 by the Bundela Rajput King, Rudra Pratap Singh and by 1802 had come under British rule. What catches the eye are the beautiful canopies of the several palaces and cenotaphs that dot the area. Next visit the historical town of Jhansi that is synonymous with the valour of its Queen who fought fearlessly against the British.
• Jahangir Mahal, Orchha
• Laxmi Narayan temple, Orchha
• Palace of Queen Laxmi Bai, Jhansi
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Local English speaking guide
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Orchha, Orchha, Tikamgarh District, Madhya Pradesh
You will be picked up from your hotel for the 4-hour drive to Orchha, a 15th century town located on the banks of the River Betwa. On arrival in Orchha take lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant before you start your visit.
After lunch visit Raj Mahal, a 17th century palace, that has some colorful murals depicting religious themes. Next visit Jahangir Mahal, a palace built in honor of the Mughal Emperor Jahangir to commemorate his visit to Orchha.
Chaturbhuj temple is yet another impressive piece of architecture and was built to house the idols that are now inside the Ram Raja temple. Today, it houses the idols of Radha-Krishna.
Another important temple to visit is the Laxmi Narayan temple. The architecture of the temple is a fascinating mix of a fort and a temple. It has some exquisite, well-preserved wall murals which depict mythological themes.
Orchha also has 14 cenotaphs or chhatris situated in the midst of well laid-out gardens that serve as memorials to Orchha rulers.
Duration: 4 hours
Stop At: Jhansi, Jhansi, Uttar Pradesh
Next drive to Jhansi. A 30-minute drive from Orchha, Jhansi is located in the North Indian state of Uttar Pradesh. It was the site of India’s first war of independence in 1857 that was fought by its brave Queen, Rani Laxmi Bai. Visit the Jhansi Fort and the Palace of Rani Laxmi Bai that has now been converted into a museum. The Government Museum also holds various historical artefacts and the entire first floor is dedicated to Rani Laxmi Bai.
At the end of the tour you will be driven back to your hotel in Khajuraho.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Khajuraho, Khajuraho, Chhatarpur District, Madhya Pradesh
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Khajuraho Airport, Khajuraho India
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Not recommended for participants with heart complaints or other serious medical conditions.
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship. No shorts or sleeveless tops are allowed. Knees and shoulders must be covered for both men and women.
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.