EXCLUSIVE Private Brunello & Nobile Wine Tour (2 Wine tastings included)
A private driver-guide will take you through the Tuscan countryside to discover the most beautiful and historic cellars in Montepulciano.
We will also visit the Medieval towns of Montepulciano, Pienza and Montalcino. Vino Nobile di Montepulciano is a red wine produced in the vineyards surrounding the town of Montepulciano. The wine is made primarily from the Sangiovese grape varietal (70%), blended with Canaiolo Nero (10% –20%). The wine is aged for 2 years; three years if it is in reserve.
Brunello di Montalcino is one of Italy's most famous and prestigious wines.
All Brunello di Montalcino wine is made exclusively from Sangiovese Grosso grapes grown on the slopes around Montalcino.
The Pecorino cheese of Pienza is one of the best in Italy, especially the version 'sotto cenere' or 'under ashes'.
Sometimes known as 'Pecorino della Val d'Orcia' or 'Cacio di Pienza' it is produced between October and July and seasoned for up to 2 months to give it its distinctive flavor.
per adult from
8 to 9 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Private transportation
- Bottled water
- Alcoholic Beverages
- English speaking driver
- WiFi on board
What's excluded :
- Lunch - Lunch
- Tour: Florence - Montalcino - Montepulciano - Pienza
- 9.00 am Tag along with your Florence Driver guide and proceed for your tour from your hotel / apartment in a comfortable black Mercedes Minivan to the following places:
- Drive along the A1 motorway called 'Autostrada del Sole' towards Rome and take the exit for Sinalunga. Go through the beautiful countryside to Montepulciano.
- 11.00 am Arrive at the main square, visit two Historic Cellars. Here you will find gigantic oak barrels, in which the famous Vino Nobile di Montepulciano DOCG and the Rosso di Montepulciano DOC "rest". First wine tasting experience.
- 13.00 pm Stop for lunch.
- 14.00 pm In the afternoon drive to Pienza, the town of the Pecorino cheese. The Pecorino is one of the best cheese in Italy, especially the version 'sotto cenere' or 'under ashes'. The cheese has ancient origins and has probably been produced in the zone since man first settled here.
- 16.00 pm Continue to your Second tasting experience of wine at a prestigious Montalcino Farm, where the production of this delicious wine has been made for generations.
- 17.00 pm At the end of the tasting, visit the Castle of Montalcino and return happily (18.30 pm) to Florence.
Departure Point :1: Firenze Santa Maria Novella railway station, Piazza di Santa Maria Novella, 50123 Firenze FI, Italy
2: Florence Airport, Peretola, Via del Termine, 11, 50127 Firenze FI, Italy
Traveler pickup is offered
Our english speaking driver - escort will pick you up at your location (hotel or apartment). Welcome sign always PEK TUSCANY IN LIMO + your nameTour aboard our 8 Seats Mercedes Minivan
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 8/14/2019 - 10/30/2021
Monday - Sunday: 09:00 AM - 07:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- Our Cars or Minivans use Anti-Covid barriers between passengers and driver
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.