Exclusive Appian Catacombs, Vatican City & Sistine Chapel Private Tour
Join us on this incredible journey of reverence, on this combo you will see the holiest sites in all of Rome!
Private tour of the Vatican museum, Sistine Chapel and St. Peters Basilica.
You will have a priority entrance into Vatican Museum, Rooms of Raphael, Sistine Chapel, St. Peters Basilica and Appian Catacombs.
The catacombs that we will visit (San Calisto, San Sebastiano or Santa Domitilla), for your tour will change depending on the day, but from where we go, you will have the opportunity to see ancient frescoes, crypts rich in inscriptions carved in the walls, niches with still remains of skeletons, small mausoleums, sarcophagi, tombs and small chapels that still today, after about 2000 years, are still used to celebrate religious rites.
per adult from
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Vatican Museum Private tour
- Headsets to hear the guide clearly
- Professional art historian guide
- Assitance on site and from our office near the Vatican
- Transport to and from Catacombs only
- Entry/Admission - Vatican Museums
- Entry/Admission - Sistine Chapel
- Entry/Admission - Catacombs of Saint Callixtus
- Guaranteed to skip the lines
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Pick Up Service
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Vatican Museums, Viale Vaticano, 00120 Vatican City Italy
You will meet your Private tour Guide at our office. You will go with Skip-The-Line tickets having a priority access into the Museum.
An expert English speaking guide will take you on a journey to The Vatican City home possibly the most famous tourist destination in the world. The Vatican museums attract with its ancient Roman and Greek statuary collections of the Renaissance popes, Muse's rooms, Circular room with Hercules, the Gallery of Maps and the rooms of Raphael, millions of fervent religious supporters and interested visitors each year. Join us to see the fantastic art, history and architecture housed within the walls of this beautiful city's 7 km of galleries, chapels and rooms, overlooking the Vatican Gardens. Start your adventure with the main part of the tour seeing all of the very best parts of the museums like explained in detail by your professional private guide. Then you will move on to the Sistine Chapel and see the breathtaking Last Judgement of Michelangelo, a project which changed the course of Western art and is regarded as one of the major artistic accomplishments of human civilization.
Continuing on through the St.Peter's Basilica, you will marvel at the masterpieces of Bernini's Canopy (the largest bronze object in the world) and at the awe-inspiring Pietà Michelangelo's masterpiece.
During the Vatican City Private Tour, you walk below the Basilica, through dimly-lit tunnels towards, our guide will indicate you the Vatican Grottoes, the resting place of many popes, and you will also, individually have the chance to stop by the tomb of Pope John Paul II.
Duration: 2 hours 30 minutes
Stop At: Sistine Chapel, Viale Vaticano, 00165 Vatican City Italy
You will visit the Sistine Chapel without the crowds around you, at your own pace. This is definitely the best VIP experience you could get at any Vatican tour.
Duration: 30 minutes
Stop At: Via della Polveriera, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Please arrive at our office at 1:45 pm. Starting, with a small group, from the same agency, near the Colosseum, you will be comfortably transported on an air-conditioned vehicle, in one of the most interesting and visited places in Rome, the "catacombs" on the Via Appia Antica.
Duration: 10 minutes
Stop At: Catacombs of Saint Callixtus, Via Appia Antica 110, 00179 Rome Italy
Definitely an exclusive tour, accompanied by an expert guide, for those who want to appreciate the true story and the mystery, an experience guaranteed to excite young and old.
With this tour, lasting about two hours, we will guide you through time to discover a subterranean and parallel world in which for centuries Jews and Christians have looked after and venerated their dead. Walk along the majestic Aurelian Walls and come to the archaeological area of the Via Appia Antica, immersed in the green Roman countryside, you will descend into the ancient world of the Catacombs, a complex network of underground tunnels among the longest in the world, which occupies an area of about fifteen hectares, consisting of about 60 kilometres of tunnels on several levels.
Duration: 2 hours
Departure Point :1: Via Leone IV, 6, 00192 Roma RM, Italy
2: Via della Polveriera, 8, 00184 Roma RM, Italy
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- A dress code is required to enter places of worship and selected museums. No shorts or sleeveless tops allowed. Knees and shoulders MUST be covered for both men and women. You may risk refused entry if you fail to comply with these dress requirements.
- A minimum of 2 people per booking is required
- The tour reservations have strict timing. To join the tour you are required to be at the meeting point for check-in at least 15 MINUTES PRIOR to your departure time. If you arrive late for the meeting time, it will not be possible to join the group or reschedule, unless you pay for the activity again. As per "No Show" rules you will not be entitled to a refund.
- Pets are not allowed inside the venue
- We can’t be held responsible in case of sudden closure of the Saint Peter’s Basilica or any other room inside the Vatican Museums without notice, as this is a decision of the Vatican Administration itself and we have no control over it.
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.