Ex Nuclear Missile Base Tour from Kiev
Sit in the Command seat and experience what Soviet officers could feel during the Cold War and being in charge of nine missiles SS-22. Take an underground corridor to the massive doors which lead to a self-contained silo-based 12-storey Command Post which could function sealed from the outside world for 45 days. You can touch the button that could cause a catastrophe if pressed 25 years ago.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off (for private tours only)
- Entry fee
- Entry/Admission - Strategic Missile Forces Museum
What's excluded :
- Pick up and drop off (for public tours only). Extra fee of US $10-$40 may be required.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Strategic Missile Forces Museum, Pobuz'ke Ukraine
Drive Kiev-Odesa Highway approximately two hours, make a left turm to Holovanivsk and then another 30 minutes to the outskirt of Bobuz'ke village.
Arrival to Museum. Meeting a manager of the museum, usually ex-officer.
Briefing on the history of the Intercontinental Ballistic Missile base of ICBM silo launcher in Pervomaisk in a pavillion with many exhibits.
Sightseeing of the premises of the base including passage through 150 meters long underground corridor.
Take a lift 12 floors down to the bottom of the Unified Launch Control Center. (Lift can barely fit three people so with a big group it might take time for everybody to take it).
Visit rest area of the officers and climb one floor up to the control center, where the launching equipment with "THE BUTTON" was located.
See the guards' bunkers, silo's lead, trucks and SS-18 "Satan" Intercontinental Ballistic Missile.
On the way back to Kiev we make a stop for lunch at one of the cafes. Arrival back time 6 p.m.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Aroma Kava, Mykhailivs'ka St, 1, Kyiv, Ukraine, 02000
Traveler pickup is offered
Pick up from client's hotel is free of charge for groups of three people and more.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking, unless booked within 1 days of travel. In this case confirmation will be received within 48 hours, subject to availability
- Minimum age is 7 years
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.