Everest Base Camp VIA Gokyo Lakes
We fly to Lukla, the gateway to Everest region and start our hike through the scenic land of the legendary Sherpas in to the Sagarmatha National park. From Namche Bazaar, the trading capital and main town of the Khumbu region we start our climb to the breathtaking Gokyo valley which is located adjacent of the Khumbu. We enter the land of the green high altitude lakes. From Gokyo Ri you have magnificent views of the highest peaks of the world, Cho Oyo (8,153m), Gyachung Kang (7,922m), Everest (8, 848m), Lhotse (8,501m) and further way Makalu. After crossing Ngozumpa Glacier we prepare to do Cho La Pass 5360 meter and stay one night at Zhongla and continue to Everest base camp and climb Kala Patthar to see the Everest face to face and we return to Namche Bazar and Lukla.
per adult from
What's included :
- Breakfast - Two nights in Hotel Potala Superior room (without breakfast)* Welcome dinner at Nepali Chulo (Authentic Newari food and cultural dance party)* Sightseeing around Kathmandu valley.
- All Fees and Taxes
What's excluded :
- World Heritage entry fees in Kathmandu while sightseeing (we provide cultural guide & private car)
- personal expenses like laundry * communication *shopping * meals in Kathmandu except welcome dinner
- tips for guides and porters or staffs * international Flights & Travel Insurance (required!)
- An impression from Sally O. on our Gokyo Lakes Tour:
"The Gokyo route fulfilled its promise in every way imaginable. Many visitors-including those who have also been to Everest base camp-call the 360-degree panorama at the summit of Gokyo Ri (ri is the Tibetan for mountain) the finest mountain vista in Nepal. The view from peak is spectacular. There is the vast Ngozumpa Glacier, the longest glacier in Nepal. Beginning in ice and snow, it grinds down to an immense moraine of rubbly rocks, dotted with small pools-some as bright green as the lakes just below us, some still iced over and glassily reflecting the clear blue sky and long streaming clouded. Then of course, there's Everest' and the fluted ridge of the vast ice wall anchored at either end by the high peaks of Lhotse and Nuptse; the jutting spires of Makalu; and, showiest of all, the crenellated contours of Cho Oyo, the world's ninth highest peak, as it dominates the landscape with its massive bright white, glacier-accented bulk."
New York Times
Departure Point :Kholagal Marg, Kathmandu 44600, Nepal
Departure Time :4:45 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.