Everest Base Camp Trek
Everest Base Camp Classic Trek is a less common way to reach the base camp of the world’s tallest mountain. The 20-day trek entails walking on trails that very few trekkers have explored. Initially known as the Jiri to Everest base camp trek, this is the only hike to Everest that involves a long drive The long drive from Kathmandu to Salleri is an enjoyable one, showcasing the diverse and beautiful Nepalese landscape. Our trek on the classic trail ends on the eighth day and we join the main trails. Lush rhododendron forests, Buddhist monasteries, Sherpa settlements, colorful prayer flags, deep gorges, fast flowing rivers,
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Airport / Hotel / Airport pick up / drop & transfer by private car / van/ Haice. (Depend on group size). Meals breakfast, lunch and dinner with tea & coffee during the trek (You may choose in Menu) Best available twin sharing lodge to lodge accommodation during the trek One highly experienced helpful and friendly guide, porters (1 porter for 2 people) and their food, accommodation, salary, equipment, and insurance. First aid medical kit Sagarmatha National Park Permits fee TIMS card Fee- Trekkers´ Information Management System All program according to itineraries on full board. Government taxes & office service charge. Rescue service arrangement in emergency case (but clients need to pay from their rescue covered Travel insurance)
What's excluded :
- Nepal entry visa fee (you can obtain a visa easily up on your arrival in Nepal´s airport Kathmandu) Lunch and dinner in Kathmandu. International Airfare and airport taxs. Sightseeing entry fee. Any kind of Alcoholic, hot and cold drinks (cold drinks coke/ fanta/ can juice and mineral water) (Hot drinks boiled drinking water and Hot shower) Dessert chocolates personal shopping, laundry, phone call internet camera battery charging. Personal trekking equipment Travel /Medical insurance and helicopter rescue, personal expenses. Tips and gratitude (The Tipping is appreciated, but not mandatory) Any others expenses which are not mentioned on price including section
- Day 1: Drive from Kathmandu to Salleri (2,390m/7,841ft): 8-9 hours
Day 2: Salleri to Nunthala (2,220m/7,280 ft): 6 -7 hours
Day 3: Nunthala to Bupsa (2,360m/7,740 ft): 5-6 hours
Day 4: Bupsa to Chaurikharka (2,650m/8,694ft)
Day 5: Chaurikharka to Monjo (2,840m/9,315ft): 4 - 5 hours
Day 6: Monjo to Namche Bazaar (3,438m/11,280 ft): 3 - 4 hours
Day 7: Acclimatization at Namche Bazaar: (3,440m/11,284ft)
Day 08: Namche Bazaar to Tengboche (3,870m/12,694ft): 10km, 5 - 6 hours
Day 09: Tengboche to Dingboche (4,360 m/14,300 ft): 9km, 5 - 6 hours
Day 10: Dingboche: acclimatization
Day 11: Dingboche to Lobuche (4940 m/16,207 ft): 7km, 5-6 hours
Day 12: Lobuche to Gorak Shep (5,170 m/16,961ft), visit Everest Base Camp (5,364 m/17,594 ft): 13km, 6-7 hours
Day 13: Gorak Shep to Kala Patthar (5,545m/18,192ft) to Pherice (4,288m/14,070ft): 16km, 7-8 hours
Day 14: Pheriche to Namche Bazaar (3,440m/11,280 ft): 20km, 6 - 7 hours
Day 15: Namche Bazaar to Lukla (2,860m/9,186ft): 19km, 6 - 7 hours
Day 16 - Puiyan to Phakding (2652m/8699ft) Duration: 6 hours
Day 17 - puiyan to Khari Khola (2194m/7196ft) Duration: 7 hours
Day 18 - Khari Khola to Sete (2500m/8200ft) Dur ation: 7 hours
Day19 Sete _ jiri (1520m/4985ft) Duration: 7-8 hours
Day 20 - drive back to Kathmandu Duration: 8-9 hours
Departure Point :7AM
Departure Time :
Return Detail :hotel in kathmandu
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- During our Everest Classic Trek, we can enjoy authentic Nepalese food as well the more common international cuisine (Tibetan, Continental, Italian, Indian, etc.). Breakfast and dinner will be served from the teahouse or from a lodge menu where we spend the night whereas lunch will be served on the way to the next destination. All meals will be provided during trekking while only breakfast will be available in Kathmandu. There will also be welcome and farewell dinners for guests.
- Physical Condition & Experience Requirements
- Everest Base Camp Classic Trek is a moderate trek suitable for passionate walkers are fit and can walk for long hours with a light backpack every day. Walking in higher altitudes is more physically demanding than walking in the lower altitudes; however, if we are in excellent health with average physical fitness, have a positive attitude and strong determination, we can accomplish the trek successfully. Exercising and jogging regularly for a few months prior to the trip is good idea to enhance our strength and stability. Past hiking experience would be an asset but no technical skill is required for this trip. Participants with pre-existing medical conditions such as heart, lung, and blood diseases should inform Himalayan Glacier before booking the trek. We also recommend that you consult your doctor(s) before the trip.
- Best Time to Travel
- Spring (March to May) and Autumn (September to November) are the best months for the Everest Classic Trek. Although this trip can be taken during winter, the cold temperature might not be suitable for everyone.
- Trip Start Dates and Cost
- Check available trip start dates and cost for Everest Base Camp Classic Trek.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 12 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.