Etna: High altitude winter excursion
The volcanological guides of Ashàra will guide your steps, giving unforgettable moments and sensations.
The excursion begins at our info Point Ashàra website price the Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza.
After a short briefing and after providing all the necessary equipment, our adventure will begin.
With the cable car we will quickly climb to an altitude of 2500m, and from here we will begin our trek between ancient and recent lava flows, up to an altitude of 3000m, from where we will admire the peculiarities of the summit air.
Highlights of the tour include: The ancient crater of Montagnola, Piano del Lago, Cisternazza, Craters of 2002 and the summit area.
Descent again on foot up to 2500mt which will bring us back to the starting point.
per adult from
What's included :
- Free rental rock helmet
- High-necked hiking shoes
- Trekking poles
- Windbreaker + gloves
What's excluded :
- Backpack 10/20 L
- Bottled water - at least 1.5 L
- Snacks - Snack and packed lunch
- Return cable car ticket
Experience a once-in-a-lifetime adventure and take in breathtaking views on this guided hike to Europe's highest active volcano.
Accompanied by an expert Volcanological Guide, immerse yourself in the typical winter landscapes and admire Mount Etna in all its beauty.
The excursion begins at our info Point Ashàra located at the Sapienza Etna Sud Refuge.
After a short briefing and having provided all the necessary equipment, our adventure will begin.
With the cable car we will climb up to an altitude of 2500m, and from here and we will begin our trekking, between ancient and recent lava flows, up to an altitude of 3000m, admiring the peculiarity of the summit air.
Highlights of the tour include: The ancient crater of the Montagnola, Piano del Lago, Cisternazza, Craters of 2002 and the summit area.
Descent again on foot up to 2500m (cable car terminal) which will take us back to the starting point.
At the discretion of the guide and for safety reasons, given the continuous and unpredictable evolution of volcanic activity, the excursions could undergo variations and, above all, could be modified according to weather conditions and volcanic activity.
• Funivia dell'Etna, Via Monte Etna 154, 95030 Nicolosi, Sicily Italy
• Mount Etna, 95030 Catania, Sicily Italy
• Valle Del Bove, 95019 Zafferana Etnea, Sicily Italy
Departure Point :Piazzale Rifugio Sapienza, Unnamed Road, 95030, 95030 Nicolosi CT, Italy
Departure Time :9:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.