Essentials of Valencia and its World Heritage sites
A guided tour through the Historic Centre of Valencia to visit its most emblematic monuments, with a special stress on the city's three World Heritage properties. Enter the Lonja de la Seda (Silk Exchange), enjoy the city's past and present and ensure great and lasting memories of your visit.
per adult from
What's included :
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from the meeting/ending point.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Turiart, Calle Editor Cabrerizo 3, 46001, Valencia Spain
The city of Valencia boasts more than 21 centuries of history, dozens of monuments from every era and three World Heritage properties: the Silk Exchange (Lonja de la Seda), the Water Tribunal (Tribunal de las Aguas) and the Fallas (annual festival featuring ephemeral art, fire and fireworks). Few destinations in the world can boast three different cultural attractions on the prestigious UNESCO list.
This cultural walk covers Valencia's most essential, must-see sites, with a professional guide sharing the city's many stories.
The North Station, City Hall, Central Market, Silk Exchange, Queen's Square, Virgin's Square... Our steps will take us down the streets and through the squares of the Historic Centre, as we discover how this urban network has evolved over the centuries: from its Roman origins, through the Muslim period, the Christian era, and down to today.
We will enter the Lonja de la Seda (Silk Exchange), a masterpiece of Gothic civil architecture that was declared a World Heritage Site in 1996. The fabulous Trading Hall with its columns, vaults and ribs will transport us back to Valencia's prosperous Golden Age.
The Water Tribunal, declared Intangible Cultural Heritage of Humanity in 2008, is re-enacted every Thursday at noon at the Cathedral's Door of the Apostles, while the Fallas was Valencia's last addition to this UNESCO list, in 2016. These festivities are held between March 15 and 19, turning the city into an open-air museum of ephemeral monuments, accompanied by music, traditional attire and the scent of gunpowder.
“Essentials of Valencia and its World Heritage Sites” constitutes an exclusive journey through the city's great wealth of culture and heritage, which has garnered it three-fold recognition by UNESCO. Don't miss out on the chance to enjoy this tour through Valencia's past and present, a unique opportunity to ensure great and lasting memories of your visit.
The tour includes admission to the Silk Exchange (every day) and the City Hall (working days, except when official events are held).
Departure Point :Estació del Nord - Bailén, 46007 Valencia, Spain
Departure Time :11:00 AM
Return Detail :Carrer del Micalet, 7, 46001 València, Valencia, Spain
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Wheelchair accessible
- Children must be accompanied by an adult.
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide.
- Wheelchair accessible.
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 20 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.