Essential Phnom Penh by Cyclo
Sitting comfortably in the back with a travel companion while you are driven around in a traditional cyclo; this is a half-day viewing of Phnom Penh romantically. When opting for this non-motorized travel option, customers support a sustainable cause.
• Ride through the capital on board a cyclo,
• Explore Phnom Penh in a romantic way
• See the famous landmarks of Phnom Penh
• Support directly the work done by a local NGO
• Watch how Phnom Penh life unfolds without window glare
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- A half-day tour with a professional English-speaking guide
- Transfers from and to your Phnom Penh Hotel with driver by air-conditioned vehicle
- Transportation by cyclo with driver.
- All entrance fees for visits as mentioned in the description.
- All applicable taxes and service charges
- Entry/Admission - Royal Palace
- Entry/Admission - National Museum
- Entry/Admission - Wat Phnom
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses such as meals, drinks, tips and gratuities, shopping, portage fees
- Hotel accommodation in Phnom Penh
- Single supplement charges for single travellers, where applicable
- Any airline tickets, visa fees, additional transportation cost from and to the general meeting point
- Transfers from any airport or resorts located outside the general pick-up and drop-off locations
- Travel insurance coverage for customers (highly recommendable)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Royal Palace, Sothearos between Street 240 & 184, Phnom Penh Cambodia
We leave direct from your hotel by cyclo and – depending on the location of your hotel - ride to The Royal Palace was built in 1866 by King Norodom. The Palace is made up from a number of structures within a pagoda-style compound one of which is The Silver Pagoda. The Silver Pagoda takes its name from the 5,000+ silver tiles and the building itself holds a number of national treasures perhaps most notably are a life-sized gold Maitreya Buddha decorated with 9584 diamonds.
Duration: 1 hour 30 minutes
Stop At: National Museum, 13th St. Between 178th and 184th Sts., Phnom Penh Cambodia
Continue to visit the National Museum, a Khmer temple inspired building that houses the world’s largest collection of Khmer art sculptures, ceramics and bronzes from different periods of Cambodian history. Over 5000 objects are on display including Angkorian era statues, Lingas and other artefacts, most notably the legendary statue of the ‘Leper King.’ Though the emphasis is on Angkorian artefacts, there is also a good collection of pieces from later periods, including a special exhibition of post-Angkorian Buddha figures.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Wat Phnom, Street 96 Norodom Blvd, Phnom Penh Cambodia
Before we head back to your hotel, we give you the chance to climb to the top of Wat Phnom, the birthplace of the Cambodian capital.
By taking this non-motorized tour, you will directly support the Cyclo Centre in Phnom Penh, a local NGO providing basic support and social services to the drivers through English courses and guidance in finding work. This local NGO supports local drivers who typically are amongst the poorest in urban Cambodia and helps maintain this industry by providing support and social services to its drivers through educational programmes and access to services such as medical care, washing facilities, English lessons and money management class entirely free to charge.
We end our tour back at your hotel after a relaxing 4-hour journey where you have fully admired the beauty of Phnom Penh without the reflection of car windows.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We pick up from only hotels inside Phnom Pehn, Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- This tour is operated on full private basis with English-speaking guide. Other languages are on request / subject to availability and supplementary charges may apply
- Return transfers for this excursion apply only / are inclusive for customers staying in and inside Phnom Penh. Transfers outside these areas, including any accommodation outside this area such as Koh Dach, Tonle Bati, and Oudong, any of the river and cruise ferry terminals and Phnom Penh International Airport are excluded. Supplements apply for customers who want to join this excursion outside one of these regions.
- To avoid any issues pertaining obtaining an arrival visa at the airport, please ensure that your passport contains at least two empty pages. Failure to do so may result in not gaining entrance into the Kingdom of Cambodia.
- The mentioned excursion durations are approximations; we are unable to exactly predict the total duration from pick-up to drop-off based on unforeseen circumstances such as traffic and weather conditions and the routing the driver has to take to get all customers on the vehicle.
- Natural elements of any kind have a destructive effect on electronic equipment. It is the customer’s own responsibility to ensure that any camera, mobile telephone or other device is properly wrapped and protected against these elements. We cannot be held responsible in any way for negligence and/or not following suggestions for any damage related to this.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- Please ensure that you bring sunglasses, a hat /cap and sunblock with a high SPF factor when traveling with us on this tour – even when it is cloudy, the sunrays still have an immense power.
- It is the responsibility of the customer to provide us with the correct hotel information, should pick-up and drop-off services be included in the package. Any changes in accommodation outside 24 hours will be handled accordingly: changes within 24 hours may be on request.
- In the event of no-show or change of accommodation without prior consent and confirmation from us within 24 hours may result in the applicable cancellation charges as outlined in the terms and conditions.
- To allow entrance into the Royal Palace in Phnom Penh, visitors are obliged to uphold a very strict dress code to respect these royal premises. It is essential that you dress modestly and appropriately during this excursion by wearing clothes that cover shoulders and fall below the knees.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.