Český Krumlov: Renaissance Pearl of Southern Bohemia - 11 hour Private Day Trip
Take a spectacular day trip from Prague to Cesky Krumlov, passing through the beautiful Southern Bohemia countryside to a fabled town of UNESCO World Heritage sites. With a winding river through its center, Cesky Krumlov offers Gothic, Renaissance, and Baroque houses, streets and charming squares, and a lofty Renaissance-era castle tower dominating the skyline. Your historian guide helps you explore while sharing stories of the town’s cast of characters, including the murderous, illegitimate son of Emperor Rudolph II and the expressionist artist, Egon Schiele, who scandalized locals with his unconventional art and lifestyle. On this private tour, we offer you several personal choices. The Castle is a must. But it is up to you (and the time of year) if we schedule visits at the best-preserved Baroque theater in Europe, the Castle interiors, the stunning Baroque Castle Gardens or devote an hour to perusing the Egon Schiele Museum (an unexpected gem of a collection for modern art lovers).
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Air-conditioned vehicle
- Professional Driver
What's excluded :
- Lunch - In warm weather, we enjoy a riverside lunch at a local restaurant and in colder weather, at an excellent and elegant Renaissance-themed restaurant in a former Jesuit monastery from the 16th century.
- Entry/Admission - Cesky Krumlov Castle
- Entry/Admission - Egon Schiele Art Centrum
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Cesky Krumlov, Cesky Krumlov, South Bohemian Region, Bohemia
Located in the south of the Czech Republic, Český Krumlov is protected by UNESCO as a World Heritage Site. It is one of the country’s most attractive places to visit after Prague. Following a 2.5-hour drive through the scenic Bohemian countryside, we walk into the town’s historic center, where the quaint old streets are lined with Gothic, Renaissance and Baroque houses once belonging to wealthy noblemen. We’ll explore the past with stories of the town’s characters from peasants to the insane and murderous illegitimate son of Emperor Rudolph II, who was hidden away in Český Krumlov.
Duration: 3 hours
Stop At: Cesky Krumlov Castle, Zamek cp. 59, Cesky Krumlov 381 01 Czech Republic
We first take in the ground and tower of the mighty Renaissance Český Krumlov Castle, once the seat of powerful lords, the Roženberks and the Schwarzenbergs. Depending on the date of your visit and interests, we can also arrange a 60-minute guided tour of the Castle interiors filled with a rich collection of paintings, period furniture, Flemish tapestries, historical weapons, and intricate china, glassware, and jewelry. An alternative option is a 60-minute guided tour through one of the only intact Baroque theaters remaining in Europe. Spring through fall, we conclude with a stroll through the formal gardens and courtyards of Český Krumlov Castle.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: Egon Schiele Art Centrum, Siroka 71, Cesky Krumlov 381 01 Czech Republic
The flamboyant expressionist artist, Egon Schiele, spent a few years in Český Krumlov crafting expressionist masterpieces and scandalizing the locals.Depending on your interest, we’ll help you enjoy the surprising gem of Český Krumlov’s Egon Schiele Museum before we commence our journey back to Prague.
Duration: 40 minutes
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offeredAirports
- Prague-Ruzyne Airport, Aviaticka, Prague Czech Republic
Departure Time :8:00 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- The Czech Republic has done an exceptional job flattening the curve of Covid-19 pandemic. Most activities and gatherings are permissible for locals and for travlers in the country. However, we are prepared to change our tours swiftly to comply with any new requirements.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.