Escape to Suburban Farm Market
I'll take you to a local market hidden in some local alleys during this 3-hour tour and only few locals know there..The market still keeps an authentic Chengdu life style and here you can sample authentic market food, see people playing Majiang everywhere and residential buildings built in 1970s. After my tour, you'll know how to be a local Chengduese.
Check my instagram to find more tour detail: karen__zhuo
per adult from
150 to 180 minutes
What's included :
- Local guide
- Bottled water
- Food tasting
- Wine tasting
- recycle bag designed by myself
- I’ll make a tour video for you
- Entry/Admission - Ma'an North Road No.28 （East Gate）
What's excluded :
- Transportation to/from attractions
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ma'an North Road No.28 （East Gate）, 28 Ma An Bei Lu, Cheng Huang Miao, Jinniu Qu, Chengdu Shi, Sichuan Sheng, China
The market is hidden in some local alleys which were built in 1970s. So our tour is to walk along these alleys.
In the 1st alley, we'll taste diverse traditional Chinese wine ,like medicine wine and plum wine, and also find repair stall ,tailor stall which are very hard to find outside of market. We'll taste different kinds of pickles and you'll know their feature, history, making process from my introduction. You'll have a chance to learn making Chaoshou from local vendor.
In the 2nd alley, we'll encounter with traditional and magic dog skin plaster and acupuncture. Here has so many lovely food stalls. I'll highlight our important seasoning -- ginger and garlic. I'll tell you some secrets which outsiders never know about Sichuan cuisine. Then We'll go to my favorite noodle restaurant which is hidden in a small alley.
In the 3rd alley, it's the biggest one. In addition to plenty of food, we'll meet all kinds of spices. I'll highlight chili and Sichuan peppercorn -- the iconic seasoning. We'll meet people playing Mahjong and cards, how to kill and clean eel, fish and frog, authentic barber stall. We'll meet funeral store and i'll introduce our Chinese funeral culture and custom.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :时运DIY手工坊, China, Sichuan Sheng, Chengdu Shi, Qingyang Qu, Qing Yang Gong Shang Quan, 金河路20号附12号
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Minimum drinking age is 18 years
- Children must be accompanied by an adult
- Any food allergy or dietary restrictions, please let me know
- Please come on time
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- Most travelers can participate
- If you can't find your date on my calendar, send message to me and I'll open calendar for you
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.