Escape to Shail Hills and Akosombo: Wild Animals, Caves & The View Of Volta Lake
Wild Tours offers handmade experiences for all our guests. From language, to food, to the people you meet, we also try to offer catered services for our guests.
per adult from
8 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Lunch - Snacks and water also included
- WiFi on board
- All Fees and Taxes
- Entry/Admission - Shai Hills Resource Reserve
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Shai Hills Resource Reserve, Akosombo-Tema Rd Ghana
Visit the Shai Hills Reserve which combines nature conservation, rich cultural and archaeological sites with splendid scenic beauty. Trek through the Savannah plains to view West Africa’s big game: antelopes, bushbucks, krobs, baboons, monkeys, and many bird species including the crested eagle, ground hornbill, blank bellied bustard and more. Visit the Obonu Tem & Se Yo Caves which serve as home to many animals, notably insectivorous bats. Learn about the various artifacts that have been found on this very site (homeland to the Krobo people).
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Akosombo, Akosombo, Eastern Region
After which we will drive 30 minutes further to the Lake Volta for lunch ,then make our way back to Accra before its dark.
Duration: 3 hours
Departure Point :Cut Right Barber Shop, A&C Mall Jungle Ave, Accra, Ghana
Traveler pickup is offered
You will be contacted by a Wild Tours Representative.
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.