Escape to Coochiemudlo Island: an audio tour of this perfect island getaway
This self guided audio tour takes you around Coochiemudlo Island. The island appears uninhabited, sitting just off the seaboard of Greater Brisbane, but stroll through the 'Emerald Fringe' that hides this place and you'll discover why it's one of Australia's best kept secrets. Just one hour from Brisbane's central business district, sink your toes in the sands of iconic Morwong Beach, and share the slower pace of this special place. Island resident and local Heritage Society member David Paxton narrates this journey into Quandamooka country, where sites of ancient Aboriginal culture and tales of settlers and farmers are woven into the ongoing conversation to interpret and understand this unique landscape.
per adult from
60 to 75 minutes
What's included :
- Lifetime access to this tour in English
- VoiceMap App for Android and iOS
- Offline access to audio, maps, and geodata
What's excluded :
- Tickets or entrance fees to any museums or other attractions en route
- Smartphone and headphones
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Pass By: Coochiemudlo Island, Coochiemudlo Island, Redland City, Brisbane Region, Queensland
The tour takes place on the island.
Pass By: Barge Ramp, Coochiemudlo Island QLD 4184, Australia
The tour passes by the Barge Ramp.
Pass By: Laurie Burns Recreation Reserve, Coochiemudlo Island QLD 4184, Australia
The tour passes by the Reserve.
Pass By: Morwong Beach, Coochiemudlo Island QLD 4184, Australia
The tour passes by Morwong Beach.
Pass By: Melaleuca Wetlands, 51-77 Elizabeth St, Coochiemudlo Island QLD 4184, Australia
The tour passes by the wetlands.
Pass By: Norfolk Beach, Coochiemudlo Island QLD 4184, Australia
The tour passes by Norfolk Beach.
Pass By: Red Rock Cafe, 38 Victoria Parade S, Coochiemudlo Island QLD 4184, Australia
The tour ends near the Red Rock Cafe.
Departure Point :Jetty, Coochiemudlo Island QLD 4184, Australia
Departure Time :Suppliers and travelers coordinate start times within the given time periods. 7/21/2020 - 10/19/2021
Monday - Sunday: 12:00 AM - 11:59 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Stroller accessible
- Near public transportation
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- All of VoiceMap's audio tours are self-guided and users must bring their own smartphone and headphones to take the tour. We urge all our users to wear facemasks and carry hand sanitizer with them to ensure they're own protection and the protection of others.
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.