Ephesus Tour From Kusadasi Port
Maximise your budget by participating in this small group (maximum 10 people) Ephesus Day Tour for cruise ship travellers! Ephesus is one of the best-preserved ancient sites in the World. A visit to Ephesus will bring alive some of the most famous characters in biblical and ancient history. As you stroll the streets of Ephesus you will be following in the steps of people such as St Paul, Cleopatra, St John, Mary Magdalene, the Virgin Mary, the ancient philosopher Philosopher Heraclitus, Alexander the Great and more. You'll be amazed by the ruins here and really feel as if you have stepped back in time.
per adult from
5 to 6 hours
What's included :
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Round-trip shared transfer
- Transport by air-conditioned minivan
- Lunch - Buffet lunch
- Entrance Fees to Ephesus, the House of Virgin Mary and Temple of ARtemis
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - The Temple of Artemis
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Entrance to the Ephesus Terrace Houses (optional entry payable on site)
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ancient City of Ephesus, Selcuk 35920 Turkey
We pick you up from your Kusadasi hotel by your licensed, English-speaking tour guide and we will drive approximately 20 minutes to the magnificent ruins of Ephesus, an ancient Greek city, and later a major Roman city near present day Selcuk. It was also one of the Seven Churches of Asia, cited in the Book of Revelation. Today it is the most visited ruins site in Turkey, and the best preserved site in the Mediterranean.
Excavations of Ephesus began in the 19th Century, and some of the buildings you will see include gymnasiums, agoras, the Domitian Square, the Hadrian Temple, the Roman Bath, the Celsus Library and the biggest theatre in Anatolia with 25,000 seats. As you wander through these well-preserved ruins you will feel as if you have been transported back in time.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House), Selcuk 35100 Turkey
Next stop is a visit to the House of the Virgin Mary, which is believed to be the place she was taken to by St John to spend her last days.
Duration: 1 hour
Stop At: The Temple of Artemis, Ataturk, Park Ici Yolu No:12, Selcuk Turkey
After lunch we visit the former Temple of Artemis which is one of the seven wonders of the Ancient World. Here you will learn about why Artemis was so revered by the Ephesians and although just one column remains of the temple you will be able to imagine it in its former glory. Although only the foundations and one column remain today, it is easy to imagine it in its former glory.
Duration: 45 minutes
Departure Point :Kusadasi Merkez, Camikebir, Feribot Limanı, 09400 Kuşadası/Aydın, Turkey
Traveler pickup is offered
Your tour guide will be waiting for you with your name on a sign as you exit the customs building.Ports
- Kusadasi Merkez, Camikebir, Feribot Limanı, 09400 Kuşadası/Aydın, Turkey
Departure Time :8:30 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- At time of booking, Cruise ship passengers must provide the following information at time of booking: ship name, docking time, disembarkation time and re-boarding time
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Infants must sit on laps
- Most travelers can participate
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.