Ephesus and House of Virgin Mary Day Trip from Marmaris
Explore the UNESCO World Heritage Site of ancient Ephesus and see the House of the Virgin Mary (Meryemana) on this 12-hour day trip from Marmaris and Icmeler. Marvel at the ruins of this fantastically preserved Roman city, before visiting the chapel built on the spot where some believe Jesus' mother spent her last days. Tour includes breakfast, lunch, and entrance fees.
per adult from
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional tour guide
- Entry/Admission - Meryemana (The Virgin Mary's House)
- Entry/Admission - Ancient City of Ephesus
What's excluded :
- Drinks at lunch
- Expect pickup from your hotel in Marmaris or Icmeler by 6:30am: your local operator will confirm the exact time after booking. Breakfast is included, so no need for a breakfast box!
It's a bit less than a 3-hour drive to the ancient city of Ephesus, a UNESCO World Heritage Site that's one of the best-preserved Roman cities still extant. You'll soon appreciate this as you stroll its marble-paved streets and admire mosaics and frescoes.
During antiquity, Ephesus was one of the largest Roman cities in Asia, a commercial, religious, and social center due to its bustling harbor. Your guide will show you the Temple of Hadrian, the ancient baths, and a building many believe was the city's brothel: don't miss the Library of Celsus, the most impressive of the structures in Ephesus.
You'll visit the theater, which once held around 25,000 citizens, who gathered to watch theatrical performances and gladiator battles. Today, the site offers impressive views across the main street with its marble fountains, temples, and baths.
Enjoy lunch at Ephesus before the short drive to the House of the Virgin Mary (Meryemana) on Mount Coressos. This tiny chapel is built atop the foundations of a ruined house where some Christians and Muslims believe the Virgin Mary spent her last days.
You'll leave Ephesus around 3:30pm, returning to your hotel around 6:30pm.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Departure Point: Hotels in Marmaris and IcmelerDates: Thursday and SundayReturn point: Returns to original departure point
Departure Time :6:30 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Infants must sit on laps
- May be operated by a multi-lingual guide
- The duration of transfers are approximate: the exact duration will depend on the time of day and traffic conditions
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.