Ennedi Expedition - 16 Days
We welcome you to the soul of the Sahara! Here, you will enjoy villages and the mountainous Sahel regions. You will witness the cultural division of Chad from sedentary farmers to nomadic herders. On this journey not only you will experience the panoramic variations on Chad's other planetary landscapes and populations, but also you will explore the highest mountains in the Sahara desert.
While you are here, you will also explore the mountain range known as the Ennedi, an ancient eroded sandstone plateau. Ennedi offers the most recent, rich rock art probably made 2,000 years ago. Ennedi is also called the "Saharan Garden", since it's home to the uncommon sandstone rock formations looming over the desert like giant strange alien art sculptures.
**We strongly urge booking at least two weeks in advance to guarantee your spot in the description.
per adult from
What's included :
- Accommodation as per itinerary
- Meals as per itinerary (B=breakfast, L=lunch, D=dinner)
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- Professional guide
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Travel Insurance
- Day 1 - Upon arrival, we will greet and transfer you to your Hotel.
Day 2-Day 4 - Taking the road that crossed the alluvial plains as far as Massaguet, we head toward Mongo. After the villages of Bitkin and Ab Touyour, we arrive in the Guera, the place of the ethnic Hadjerai farmers and hunters. We continue through savannah plains as far as Mongo, then head towards Oum Hadjer. We arrive at Abeche. The capital was a former commercial center, and for centuries a large slave market. We then head to the Ennedi. After Arada, a rolling sandy path leads us to Kalait.
Day 5-Day 7 - Next, we are into the complex hydrographic system of the basin of Wadi Archei where we take short walks and explorations with vehicles of the most spectacular confines of the Ennedi, where live the semi-nomadic Gaeda, Tama, and Zagawa. Archei, a gigantic green flow that delineates formations of Tassilian's incredible beauty:rock castles, cathedrals, and arches. Here, it is frequent to meet the nomads of Toubous and their flocks of camels and to see the last living examples of the Saharan Crocodile.
Day 8-Day 9 - Next, the prefecture of Fada, its old colonial fort, and important palm plantation. Then we head to Mourdi, a vast region of "trains", the dunes where some isolated mountains are lost. After crossing the baekanes towards Derbili, we find the tracks of caravaners towards the salt pans of Demi and Teguedei.
Day 10-Day 12 - This region lives only on the exploitation and trade of salt. There, the caravans of the Toubous practice transport for traditional salt exchanges, for millet and sorghum. Following the cliff of Ounianga after Teguedei, finally appears the lakes. Lakes and oasis abound next, surrounded by palm trees and sandy multicolored outcroppings and layers that flow into blue/green waters, among the most unusual and beautiful landscapes one can imagine in the Sahara! Next, we head to Ouaddi Doum where several weapon debris and abandoned combat tanks and several rockets lie dead on the road. Then we arrive at the pass of Kora.
Day 13 - One of the gates of the Ennedi stops at the cathedral of Bichagara, a chain of decoration and contrast between peak and sand. We cap it off at Kalait, former military base in the name of Oumchalouba.
Day 14-Day 16 - A long, interesting stage of our voyage, stopping on pastoral and nomadic water points Toubou and Kereda. We cross corridors of the old shelters of the dead lake, today dry, and the verdant forest and greenish dying dust traces the presence of water in this area of the transit of all Arab nomads.
Next, N'Djamena via Massakori, for your return flight.
Departure Point :Hotel in N'Djamena
Departure Time :
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- It is difficult to specify the daily distance, but it is typically 4 to 6 hours per day, 4X4 with fuel.
- Our cook and camping equipment includes foam mattresses of 1m80 and 70 CM/ w 7 cm of thick-tent.
- 1-night hotel in N´Djamena is included with breakfast. Most any are around the same price but we do not include the Hilton.
- LOI invite letter will be sent to you by our agency. But once the visa is obtained, it is imperative to send us, 15 days before the trip, a copy of the visa and passport to obtain authorization to move from the Ministry of the
- for this trip. That's the rule.
- We will need 4 photos for each participant for the police formalities in this trip.
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 115 travelers
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- All sales are final and incur 100% cancellation penalties.