Enjoy Homemade Sushi or Obanzai Cuisine and Matcha in a Kyoto Home with a Native
Meet Emika at her home for a regional culinary experience that will start with a freshly made cup of traditional matcha green tea prepared by Emika or her father. You will then sit down together around a dining table to share a traditional Obanzai meal over fun conversation. Your Japanese meal may include dishes such as oshi (pressed) sushi or nigiri sushi (hand-formed), miso soup, rice, traditional Obanzai side dishes, and a sweet that goes well with matcha. Emika's family owns an organic vegetable field where she harvests most of the vegetables that she uses in her cooking. Prepare to be amazed by the sheer variety of daikon radishes grown on their farm!
Join Emika and enjoy an authentic Japanese meal with a lovely local!
per adult from
What's included :
- Private meal with your host Emika
- Local alcohol (1-2 glasses)
- Non-alcoholic beverages
- All taxes, fees and handling charges
- Alcoholic Beverages
What's excluded :
- Hotel pickup and drop-off
- This is a unique opportunity to visit the home of a local and explore traditional culture and cuisine. Meet Emika at her home for a regional culinary experience that will start or end with a freshly made cup of traditional matcha green tea prepared by Emika or her father. You will sit down together around a dining table to share a traditional Obanzai meal over fun conversation. Your Japanese meal may include dishes such as miso soup, rice, traditional Obanzai dishes, and a sweet that goes well with matcha.
• Traveling Spoon, Kyoto Kyoto Prefecture
• Miso soup
• Oshi or nigiri-sushi or Obanzai main
Departure Point :Kyoto, Japan
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Menu may vary depending on the season
- Please advise any specific dietary requirements [in the "Special Requirements" box] at the time of booking
- Private, personalized experience
- Stroller accessible
- Service animals allowed
- Near public transportation
- Most travelers can participate
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- If you cancel at least 3 day(s) in advance of the scheduled departure, there is no cancellation fee.
If you cancel within 2 day(s) of the scheduled departure, there is a 100 percent cancellation fee.