Ellora Caves Tour From Mumbai (Flight Excluded)
Visit the largest rock cut monastery-temple cave complex of the world on this day trip from Mumbai. The Ellora caves, a UNESCO World Heritage site, are described by many as the “8th Wonder of the World”. There are over 100 Hindu, Buddhist and Jain cave temples in this magnificent complex cut out of basalt rocks of the Charanandri Hills. End the trip with a visit to Bibi ka Maqbara in Aurangabad, a Mughal era mausoleum that has a striking resemblance to the Taj Mahal.
• Hindu, Buddhist and Jain temples and monasteries in Ellora
• 105 feet high Kailasa Temple, the largest monolithic structure in the world
• Bibi ka Maqbara in Aurangabad
per adult from
12 to 14 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Transport by private air-conditioned vehicle
- Hotel pick-up and drop-off
- Local English speaking guide at Aurangabad
- 02 bottles of mineral water per person
- Bottled water
- Entry/Admission - Ellora Caves
- Entry/Admission - Bibi Ka Maqbara
What's excluded :
- Food and drinks, unless specified
- Air ticket Mumbai-Aurangabad-Mumbai
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Ellora Caves, Ellora Cave Rd Ahead of Hiranya Reosrts, Aurangabad 431005 India
You will be picked up from your hotel in Mumbai and driven to the airport for your flight to Aurangabad (flight fare excluded). At Aurangabad airport you will be met by your guide who will escort you to the UNESCO World Heritage site of the Ellora Caves.
Built between the 6th to the 10th century A.D., these Hindu, Buddhist and Jain cave temples are not only a unique artistic creation but also stand testimony to the spirit of tolerance that was characteristic of ancient India.
Of the 100 cave temples in the area, only 34 are open to the public. The most magnificent of these is the 8th century Kailasa Temple (Cave 16), which at a height of 105 feet is the largest rock-cut structure in the world. The walls of the caves are decorated by high-relief friezes and carvings depicting scenes from Indian mythology.
After exploring the caves, drive back into town and take lunch (own expense) at a local restaurant.
Duration: 2 hours
Stop At: Bibi Ka Maqbara, Begumpura Gulistan-e-Jauhar KARACHI, Aurangabad 431004 India
End the tour with a visit to the 17th century, Bibi ka Maqbara (Tomb of the Lady). This white mausoleum, a look-alike of the Taj Mahal, is the final resting place of the chief consort of the Mughal Emperor Aurangzeb.
At the end of the tour you will be driven to Aurangabad airport for your return flight to Mumbai (flight fare excluded). Upon arrival in Mumbai, you will be dropped off at your hotel.
Duration: 1 hour
Departure Point :Mumbai, Mumbai, Maharashtra
Traveler pickup is offered
We may pick up travelers from city center hotels / fixed point wiithin city limits. In case pick up is outside central points extra cost shall applicable subject to distance applicable.Airports
- Mumbai Airport, Maharashtra 400099, Mumbai India
Departure Time :5:00 AM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Adult pricing applies to all travelers.
- Children under 15 must be accompanied by an adult.
- Not recommended for pregnant women and people with back problems.
- A moderate amount of walking is involved. Comfortable walking shoes, sunglasses, sunscreen and hats are highly recommended.
- Should you wish to purchase your return ticket from Mumbai to Aurangabad from us, please let us know. This will be at an additional charge. Also, passport name, gender, number, expiry and country of issuance is required at time of booking air tickets.
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel.
- Ellora Caves remain closed on Tuesdays.
- Infants must sit on laps
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.