Elephantine Island on Aswan
Before the city of Aswan was there, Elephantine Island was the site of a pharaonic era trading town called Swenet that used the island and the turbulent waters of the First Cataract as protection from attack.
per adult from
What's included :
- Fizzy water and drinks.
- Tourist guide accompanies the group.
- Transfer in air-conditioned vehicle
- Transport to the whole sights which mentioned
What's excluded :
- Any extra visit not found in itinerary.
- The fees of entering all the tourist sites.
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Elephantine Island, Across the Nile from Aswan Two parts to this Island, Aswan Egypt
According to ancient Egyptian religion, Elephantine was the dwelling place of Khnum, the ram-headed god of the cataracts, who guarded and controlled the waters of the Nile from caves beneath the island. He was worshipped here as part of a late triad of Egyptian deities. This "Elephantine Triad" included Satis and Anuket. Satis was worshipped from very early times as a war goddess and protector of this strategic region of Egypt. When seen as a fertility goddess, she personified the bountiful annual flooding of the Nile, which was identified as her daughter, Anuket. The cult of Satis originated in the ancient city of Aswan. Later, when the triad was formed, Khnum became identified as her consort and, thereby, was thought of as the father of Anuket. His role in myths changed later and another deity was assigned his duties with the river. At that time his role as a potter enabled him to be assigned a duty in the creation of human bodies.
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
We do pickup all travelers in Aswan city with an extra costAirports
- Aswan Airport, Aswan Egypt
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- A current valid passport is required on the day of travel
- Infants must sit on laps
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- Wheelchair accessible
- No public transportation nearby
- Not stroller accessible
- Not suitable for pets
- We do pickup all travelers in Aswan city with an extra cost.
- Wheelchair accessible
- This is a private tour/activity. Only your group will participate
- Face masks required for travelers in public areas
- Face masks required for guides in public areas
- Face masks provided for travelers
- Hand sanitizer available to travelers and staff
- Social distancing enforced throughout experience
- Regularly sanitized high-traffic areas
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- Regular temperature checks for staff
- Temperature checks for travelers upon arrival
- Paid stay-at-home policy for staff with symptoms
- Contactless payments for gratuities and add-ons
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.