Brand new tour in the Westman Islands. Until now, travelers have not been able to safely hike and climb their way to the top of Elephant Rock. Stunning views and swarming birdlife are the highlights of this unique 4-hour expedition.
per adult from
4 to 5 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Use of helmet, harness and other climbing gear
- Private transportation
What's excluded :
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Elephant Rock, Williams Township, PA 18042, USA
Hike to the top of Elephant Rock and enjoy the incredible panoramic landscape. Get a close up view of the puffin, the kittiwake and the fulmar.
The climb to the Elephants head begins in Herjólfsdalur where we will ascend to the top of Dalfjall mountain, following a medium difficulty hiking trail. We continue from Dalfjall to Blátindur summit, the second-highest point of the island – 273 meters. From Blátindur we descend to Halldórsskora. From the bottom of Halldórsskora to the Elephants head we have secured fixed bolts with safety lines to make sure we are safe. We provide a climbing harness so you can hook yourself to the safety lines and experience the hike in a more relaxing manner. We will stop on the Elephants head and have a break where you will get your picture taken from distance from our photographer. You will get plenty of time to relax, take photos and enjoy the view before we head back.
We will be in close proximity to a few bird species, including the Puffin. The Puffin nests close to the Elephants head and you will be able to see it if you visit during June-August season.
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Illugagata, Vestmannaeyjabær, Iceland
Traveler pickup is offered
All hotels, hostels and guesthouses in Vestmannaeyjar.
Departure Time :3:00 PM
Return Detail :Returns to original departure point
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Near public transportation
- Not recommended for travelers with back problems
- Not recommended for pregnant travelers
- No heart problems or other serious medical conditions
- Travelers should have a moderate physical fitness level
- Weight limit per person: 120kg.
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 10 travelers
- Gear/equipment sanitized between use
- Transportation vehicles regularly sanitized
- Guides required to regularly wash hands
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.