Elafonisi Day Tour from Rethymno
A Natura 2000 protected area, Elafonisi is one of the most unique places in Greece. Full of dunes with sand lilies and junipers, sand alternating between white and pink, and crystal clear turquoise waters, this is a Caribbean paradise in the Mediterranean!
per adult from
9 to 10 hours
Hotel pickup available
What's included :
- Pick up/Drop off with air-conditioned luxury bus from select spots in Chania
- Visit to the cave of Saint Sophia
- Visit to Elafonisi
- Visit to local village (subject to conditions)
- English Speaking Guide
What's excluded :
- Personal expenses, extra beverages or meals
- Customary tips to your driver and escort
- This is a typical itinerary for this product
Stop At: Agia Sofia Cave, Eparchiaki Odos Kaloudianon-Chrisoskalitissas, Topolia, Crete 734 00 Greece
After we pick you up in the morning from various designated locations around Rethymno, we will follow the green north coast just before Kastelli and finally reach the rock chapel of Agia Sophia through the village of Topolia. This small church is hidden in a dripstone cave, accessible by a small uphill climb. It dates back to the battles of the Cretans against the Venetians and Turks and was named after a religious icon found wedged
in a rock inside the cave. Magnificent stalactites, stalagmites and pillars cover the largest part of its surface. Neolithic shells and a previously unknown species of insect that
was named Spermophora Topolia were discovered inside the cave. After a short stop for coffee to this incredibly interesting site, we will proceed to the main attraction of the tour!
Duration: 40 minutes
Stop At: Elafonissi Beach, Elafonissi, Crete Greece
Elafonisi is located on the southwesternmost point of Crete and is oblong, which often seems to be divided into two parts by water, giving the impression of it being a separate island. The protected area of Elafonisi features magnificent natural formations with arguably the most beautiful being the pinkish sand which exists in many places, taking its color from thousands of broken seashells and corals. The exotic beach with its white and pink sand and turquoise waters is reminiscent of the Caribbean. Near the breaking point of the peninsula, the water does not exceed 1m (3 feet), creating a small lagoon, which can easily be crossed. The eastern side of the beach, in front of the lagoon, is organized, having umbrellas, showers, lifeguards, snack bars, and changing rooms. In Elafonisi, you will have plenty of time to explore the area, swim in the crystal clear waters, and even grab a bite to eat!
Duration: 4 hours
Departure Point :Traveler pickup is offered
Kindly advise your accommodation in order to send you the pick up details!
Departure Time :5:50 AM
Return Detail :-
Hotel Pickup :
- Confirmation will be received at time of booking
- Not wheelchair accessible
- Infant seats available
- Most travelers can participate
- This experience requires good weather. If it’s canceled due to poor weather, you’ll be offered a different date or a full refund
- This experience requires a minimum number of travelers. If it’s canceled because the minimum isn’t met, you’ll be offered a different date/experience or a full refund
- This tour/activity will have a maximum of 30 travelers
- All passengers are required to wear protective masks during transportation
- You can present either a paper or an electronic voucher for this activity.
- For a full refund, cancel at least 24 hours in advance of the start date of the experience.